Next big thing in phones?

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
My concern is that Microsoft had better get the lead out, before their "game changer" is common place:(

If they want to win hearts, and influence minds, they can't second to introduce the new tech!

nickx91

Jul 6, 2017
Visit site
I wanted Google Ara project to continue so we wouldn't have to change the entire phones but only the parts, but they have suspended the project.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Has Facebook made any phone earlier

Sent from (iOK)
There was the HTC Status that was a quasi-Facebook phone and it flopped. Then came the HTC First which was an unequivocal dumpster fire. Look them up and read about them if you can stand the pain.

Sent from my Acer Liquid Jade Primo onmTalk

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
IMO, the next big thing in phones is IoT. With so much "digital media" surrounding us, it's easy to forget that we're still living in an analog world. Your average person doesn't have a smart home, or a smart device, or a self driving car, or even a smart <insert blank>. But as smart devices become ubiquitous, a device that can track and control our new IoT life will become a necessity. Even my "smart" Amazon Echo is dependent on a web browser/app to configure the settings.

Plus companies are greedy. So while you may logically be thinking that any phone should be able to control any device. I expect a lot of "exclusive" deals where only phone X will be able to take advantage of some "must have" new feature.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
My concern is that Microsoft had better get the lead out, before their "game changer" is common place:(

If they want to win hearts, and influence minds, they can't second to introduce the new tech!

That's my biggest fear... Their device to win back a slice of the market share is taking so long to get to market (not sure if it's a hardware or software issue causing the delay)... That by the time it's released, it will already be available on Android and be a moot point.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
IMO, the next big thing in phones is IoT. With so much "digital media" surrounding us, it's easy to forget that we're still living in an analog world. Your average person doesn't have a smart home, or a smart device, or a self driving car, or even a smart <insert blank>. But as smart devices become ubiquitous, a device that can track and control our new IoT life will become a necessity. Even my "smart" Amazon Echo is dependent on a web browser/app to configure the settings.

Plus companies are greedy. So while you may logically be thinking that any phone should be able to control any device. I expect a lot of "exclusive" deals where only phone X will be able to take advantage of some "must have" new feature.

Did you know that the Elite X3 is an AT&T certified IoT device? I found this out recently...

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
The more I think about it, I think we are all wrong about the "next big thing" in mobile from MS.

Won't we all be disappointed if it's not what we've built it up to be? Just thinking about how slow MS seems to be at reacting to things lately.... and I can't help but feel that the next big thing MS is betting on isn't a foldable screen, or anything to do with holograms... but simply what's been right in front of us all this time... Simply a phone, that when in continuum, can run x86/64 apps.

I do hope I'm wrong, but I won't be shy to say "I told you so" if that's all MS has up it's sleeve.

Don't think I'll take the blue pill if that's all it is.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
The more I think about it, I think we are all wrong about the "next big thing" in mobile from MS.

Won't we all be disappointed if it's not what we've built it up to be? Just thinking about how slow MS seems to be at reacting to things lately.... and I can't help but feel that the next big thing MS is betting on isn't a foldable screen, or anything to do with holograms... but simply what's been right in front of us all this time... Simply a phone, that when in continuum, can run x86/64 apps.

I do hope I'm wrong, but I won't be shy to say "I told you so" if that's all MS has up it's sleeve.

I'll take one of those too!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Food for thought. I don't believe in Unicorns either especially in today's day and age where no one can keep a secret.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99