A dark day

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
If I ever went back to Android (I had a Note 4 and I didn't like the notification system mess, lack of OS updates and ton of Samsung bloatware) I may go for a Nokia Android phone (the irony). Purely because they provide as close to stock and vanilla Android as you can get. That's the same as replicating Windows phone and its app gap, so I'll be fine.

I have a Note 4 and am loving it so far. What notification mess were you referring to? This is my first Android device, so maybe it is because I am so unfamiliar with this OS.

eshropshire

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a Note 4 and am loving it so far. What notification mess were you referring to? This is my first Android device, so maybe it is because I am so unfamiliar with this OS.
I agree. I had a Note 4 on Verizon until a few weeks ago (upgraded to the Note 8). In the 2.5 years I owned my Note 4 I received two major Android updates and several minor updates and I was still receiving regular security updates.

I loved the Note 4, wonderful notification system. I managed several work and personal email accounts. Two IM systems and file sharing apps. Also, phone supported the latest Microsoft apps and services.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

I guess I mean that I am so used to glance screen and live tile notifications (so that I could immediately see at a glance everything I needed) and I could not replicate that on Android.

OutlawFirebird

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft needs to rethink how they market devices. they are bad at it. been this way since the zune in my opinion. they have great devices but either they don't promote the product very much, or like the phones they cut 1/2 there consumers out, by limiting the phones availability to one or two networks. I'm done with windows phone for now. preordered the pixel 2xl the other day to replace my icon, which is showing its age.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
My co-worker went and exchanged his Lumia 950XL for a Samsung S8. He was a way diehard fan of Windows Mobile. He's like many of us, concerned the platform isn't moving along like it should be and opted to jump ship. That's how I know Microsoft will really have to wow us with a new device before they'll be a stable platform

iOS or Android. Sad... no blackberry os... no web os.... sad day in the mobile world. Thoughts?

This started well before now. October 2015 for me. When I watched the gleeful excitement about the Lumia 950XL to only be soon told this would NEVER make it to Verizon. That was the day I ordered an Android phone and never looked back. Believe me, it was agonizing but I had to make the move.

I did end up with a review copy of a 950xl and tried with all my might to see if it would work on Verizon and besides a few minutes of getting some data to flow via cellular, it never worked, as expected. But I did try...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon