09-16-2017 09:49 PM
33 12
tools
    My co-worker went and exchanged his Lumia 950XL for a Samsung S8. He was a way diehard fan of Windows Mobile. He's like many of us, concerned the platform isn't moving along like it should be and opted to jump ship. That's how I know Microsoft will really have to wow us with a new device before they'll be a stable platform

iOS or Android. Sad... no blackberry os... no web os.... sad day in the mobile world. Thoughts?
    09-11-2017 08:22 PM
    It's been over for the past two years. Not new news here.
    09-11-2017 08:44 PM
    Eww. I have a few co workers with the S8. Seems Samsung has been going downhill ever since the S5. My s6 is terrible, my son hated his S7 and switched to a LGv20, and the S8 is just as bad.
    aximtreo likes this.
    09-11-2017 10:09 PM
    I just got a free S7 Edge from my friend. It's complete garbage. Felt sick after using it for 10 minutes. No idea how people can use Android. I'm just going to sell it off.
    PerfectReign likes this.
    09-11-2017 11:10 PM
    Hey, my Note 2 was a great device.

Sent from mTalk on my 950xl
    xandros9 likes this.
    09-11-2017 11:35 PM
    I just got a free S7 Edge from my friend. It's complete garbage. Felt sick after using it for 10 minutes. No idea how people can use Android. I'm just going to sell it off.
    How can you make a decision after only 10 min? You need to be more objective on your evaluation.
    Elky64, techiez, N_LaRUE and 2 others like this.
    09-12-2017 08:14 PM
    My GS7 and GS7 Edge have been stellar devices as has our LG G4. In 2+ years only one reset on G4, still performs similarly to the day I bought it. GS7 is 17+ months old and my daily driver, it too has only seen one reset, has never let me down once. GS7 Edge is the newest at 3-months with nothing to complain about so far. As you can tell Android is treating me very well and that's no bull.

IMHO "dark day's" are only when we pull out one of our three Windows Phones, it's a reality check that MSFT really screwed up what could have been a good thing.
    Last edited by Elky64; 09-12-2017 at 09:08 PM.
    09-12-2017 08:35 PM
    My GS7 and GS7 Edge have been stellar devices as has our LG G4. In 2+ years only one reset on G4, still performs similarly to the day I bought it. GS7 is 17+ months old and my daily driver, it too has only seen one reset, has never let me down once. GS7 Edge is the newest 3-months with nothing to complain about so far. As you can tell Android is treating me very well and that's no bull.
    For all the garbage spewed about Samsung, I've found their devices to be stellar. I was a little leery going into it, but I've found those fears to be unfounded. The only time I even reboot mine is when the monthly security patch installs. I've reached more than 1,000 hours uptime, and performance is still as good as new. I actually like what Samsung (read Touchwiz) adds to Android.
    09-12-2017 09:05 PM
    A dark day for me too

Today, when I'll get back home, I will place my Lumia 1520 in it's final resting place: The original box in which it came in, which will be placed with the aught most respect in storage. His successor, the Galaxy A7, will no way come close to this legendary smart phone, the best I have ever had! It's sadens me to switch to Android. Hope to come back soon to WP.
    Mohamed Altegani likes this.
    09-13-2017 02:45 AM
    I have also finally moved on from W10M . After my 1520 rebooted while I was in the middle of an important call and then took almost 10 minutes to restart and allow me to call back, I bought a new Galaxy Note 4 and used SquareHome2 to give it a familiar look.

wp.jpg
    libra89 likes this.
    09-13-2017 02:54 PM
    I mean, I'd never spend money on a Samsung phone, but I'm still envious that you got a free S7 Edge haha. I wish my friends just handed me free phones xD. I have to struggle just to get the few that I have.
    09-13-2017 05:34 PM
    My GS7 and GS7 Edge have been stellar devices as has our LG G4. In 2+ years only one reset on G4, still performs similarly to the day I bought it. GS7 is 17+ months old and my daily driver, it too has only seen one reset, has never let me down once. GS7 Edge is the newest at 3-months with nothing to complain about so far. As you can tell Android is treating me very well and that's no bull.

IMHO "dark day's" are only when we pull out one of our three Windows Phones, it's a reality check that MSFT really screwed up what could have been a good thing.
    I've had huge problems with Samsung devices in the past, but honestly I haven't owned one since the S5. I'm just not interested in anything Samsung has to offer. The Note 7 got me excited until it exploded, but other than that I just can't get hyped for them. I would gladly (gladly) take a free Samsung and probably use it regularly (probably not as my daily driver though) but I won't spend money on them.
    09-13-2017 05:37 PM
    I've had huge problems with Samsung devices in the past, but honestly I haven't owned one since the S5. I'm just not interested in anything Samsung has to offer. The Note 7 got me excited until it exploded, but other than that I just can't get hyped for them. I would gladly (gladly) take a free Samsung and probably use it regularly (probably not as my daily driver though) but I won't spend money on them.
    That's your porogative and I can respect that. Can't say my experienced with Samsung at all resembles yours, going by what you've described, and won't ever say they are perfect cuz nothing ever is. But they have excelled for my type of usage and actually exceeded my expectations which is good for me.

If things had turned out differently with Windows Phone I can pretty much garantee I'd still be here guns ablazing, but sadly that wasn't to be. Now having a taste, for some time, of the other side, pretty hard to take WM seriously especially considering its present state.

Personally, I can adapt to any platform with the higher end be my comfort zone. See the good and bad in them all with Android working for me at the moment.
    09-13-2017 08:01 PM
    Sailfish X is coming, and that right soon...
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    09-13-2017 08:45 PM
    How can you make a decision after only 10 min? You need to be more objective on your evaluation.
    Because simply, it's THAT bad.
    09-13-2017 09:44 PM
    I mean, I'd never spend money on a Samsung phone, but I'm still envious that you got a free S7 Edge haha. I wish my friends just handed me free phones xD. I have to struggle just to get the few that I have.
    It's utter garbage. Pity no way to flash Windows onto it.
    09-13-2017 09:46 PM
    I I bought a new Galaxy Note 4 and used SquareHome2 to give it a familiar look.
    ...and you can play Pokemon Go!

Sent from mTalk on my HP Elite X3
    09-13-2017 11:25 PM
    ...and you can play Pokemon Go!

Sent from mTalk on my HP Elite X3

I can! I'm still not sure that I actually understand why people love it so much, but I am enjoying Madden NFL Mobile and a few other games that I didnt even know existed lol.
    09-14-2017 07:08 AM
    I have also finally moved on from W10M . After my 1520 rebooted while I was in the middle of an important call and then took almost 10 minutes to restart and allow me to call back, I bought a new Galaxy Note 4 and used SquareHome2 to give it a familiar look.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	137405
    This is what windows needs to do. Well a combination. Create the new windows OS and sign a deal with android to allow access to the play store. Then create a VM engine to allow play store games and apps to be used. This must be possible as I have run VM android on my PC. And that is emulating an ARM VM on an x86/x64 setup. If MSFT would ditch their app store and put the effort into basically doing what Blackberry did, I think it would definitely help. I know BB is just a skin. I would rather see MSFT figure out a way to integrate android apps instead of just skinning android.
    Keith White Jr likes this.
    09-14-2017 08:06 AM
    Yeah. Look up project Astoria. MS tried this to some degree of success in 2015. They killed it in early 2016. Wish I had my screenshots of android apps running on my HTC M8.

Unfortunately it had a major issue in that it potentially infringed on developer revenue and was killed.

https://venturebeat.com/2016/02/25/m...to-windows-10/

09-14-2017 01:51 PM
    Yeah. Look up project Astoria. MS tried this to some degree of success in 2015. They killed it in early 2016. Wish I had my screenshots of android apps running on my HTC M8.

Unfortunately it had a major issue in that it potentially infringed on developer revenue and was killed.

https://venturebeat.com/2016/02/25/m...to-windows-10/

Had they kept it, I wouldnt have left. I wonder how BlackBerry got away with it back when they still had a dedicated OS?
    09-14-2017 02:58 PM
    That's your porogative and I can respect that. Can't say my experienced with Samsung at all resembles yours, going by what you've described, and won't ever say they are perfect cuz nothing ever is. But they have excelled for my type of usage and actually exceeded my expectations which is good for me.

If things had turned out differently with Windows Phone I can pretty much garantee I'd still be here guns ablazing, but sadly that wasn't to be. Now having a taste, for some time, of the other side, pretty hard to take WM seriously especially considering its present state.

Personally, I can adapt to any platform with the higher end be my comfort zone. See the good and bad in them all with Android working for me at the moment.
    I admit that Samsung usually makes well-featured and attractive phones. The S7 marked the first Samsung phone that offered a fantastic design, build quality, and feature set for a long while. Wireless charging, a headphone jack, microSD, water resistance... should be perfect right? But despite the fact that all the features I want are present, I just don't enjoy the user experience. Now I'd love to get my hands on a V30. Other than the questionable LG launcher that is a dream phone.
    09-14-2017 04:23 PM
    Had they kept it, I wouldnt have left. I wonder how BlackBerry got away with it back when they still had a dedicated OS?
    Blackberry got away with it because they had already given up on their own store. They were in worst shape than Windows phones by a considerable margin. It was a viable option for them. Not so much for a company that is (was?) trying to bolster their store with native apps.
    09-14-2017 04:24 PM
    The BB10 devices ran Android and Java. I had a q10 for about a year. Piece of garbage IMO.
    09-14-2017 05:17 PM
    I admit that Samsung usually makes well-featured and attractive phones. The S7 marked the first Samsung phone that offered a fantastic design, build quality, and feature set for a long while. Wireless charging, a headphone jack, microSD, water resistance... should be perfect right? But despite the fact that all the features I want are present, I just don't enjoy the user experience. Now I'd love to get my hands on a V30. Other than the questionable LG launcher that is a dream phone.
    Never perfect cuz nothing is, but I get your drift. Android's OS does vary depending on device/manufacture with not all being created equal.

Yeah I was eyeing up the V30 too, curious to see how that lens with the f/1.6 aperture performs. I'm always up for a better camera.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-14-2017 08:25 PM
33 12