10-13-2017 09:35 AM
52 123
tools
    I don't believe they would kill Surface, but to be fair, I've heard these arguments before...
    10-07-2017 09:34 AM
    I don't believe they would kill Surface, but to be fair, I've heard these arguments before...
    Yeah, I think they are commited to Surface. But it's a premium price. I have the Pro 3 and love it. Don't know if I'll get a new one or not though.
    10-07-2017 09:47 AM
    Let me try to help. Let's talk about Microsoft sync in Ford cars, oh wait they killed it. Let's talk about MS band, I owned both and loved them, oh wait they killed it. Let's talk about the Lumia phone line, owned an Icon loved the hell out of that phone, oh darn they killed that line. Let's talk about Windows 10 mobile, oh shuckydarn they killed it. Hmm, let's talk about Hololens, shoot, not consumer and no affordable device has been released. Okay trying to stay positive, let's talk about Groove music where I can purchase music and download the albums directly to my Lumia 635 I use for an MP3 player. Oh, shoot that's killed too. Okay people, help me out what Microsoft consumer product do you want to discuss in a positive manor? I would love to do it.

All the products you have mention are great too. At one point I wanted to get a Microsoft band a new one then they killed it im like ugh... Not sure what Microsoft wants to be like the next IBM. I often wonder when will Microsoft Windows for pc will fall and no longer be for consumers... I mean why not they killed everything else many of us love and im not trying to be negative. I just wish this CEO we have just knew how to be customer focus instead of having his head up in the clouds were he wants it...

Get it... He's head in the clouds... Cloud computer first... yep hes doing a great job with his head up high xD
    Wolfjt and dgr_874 like this.
    10-07-2017 11:57 PM
    10-08-2017 12:48 PM
    https://twitter.com/joebelfiore/stat...71399541391360
    Dead of windows phone confirmed

Sent from (iOK)
    Windows Mobile 10 is dead. "If" a new Arm mobile device is launched (which believed to be happening) then WP lives on.

Twitter: @PhotographyET
    TgeekB likes this.
    10-08-2017 01:38 PM
    Windows phone is dead in any meaningful way except name. I'm surprised people are still waiting for an official word, as if official actions aren't proof enough.
    Guytronic, libra89, Wolfjt and 1 others like this.
    10-08-2017 01:41 PM
    Got the lottery numbers as well, mate? 😁

Sent from mTalk
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-08-2017 01:53 PM
    I do and they're mine!!!
    Laura Knotek and Guytronic like this.
    10-08-2017 01:56 PM
    Bug fixes and updates for another year and a half is good enough for me. By that time maybe iOS has got it together. Android seems stuck in 1st gear so unless the BlackBerry Motion shakes things up I'm staying put. I can't justify the ridiculous prices of existing flagships.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk
    10-08-2017 02:10 PM
    I can't justify the ridiculous prices of existing flagships.
    Get the Mate 10 then when you get tired sell it to me in like new condition for cheap :)
    10-08-2017 02:36 PM
    Get the Mate 10 then when you get tired sell it to me in like new condition for cheap :)
    Not gonna happen, wouldn't be prudent.
    Guytronic and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-08-2017 03:37 PM
    Bug fixes and updates for another year and a half is good enough for me. By that time maybe iOS has got it together. Android seems stuck in 1st gear so unless the BlackBerry Motion shakes things up I'm staying put. I can't justify the ridiculous prices of existing flagships.

I feel the same way. Or maybe Microsoft surprises everyone....maybe
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    10-08-2017 05:02 PM
    I'll continue to use my Windows phone but the only conclusion I can come to is that it is dead. Microsoft stopped making it a priority and has been killing apps and features. They have driven the market share into the ground which is causing the app gap to GROW. Even if Surface Phone comes out, what will be the purpose? A phone that can be a computer but STILL has no apps? Who T F wants THAT? In my opinion, *IF* they intend to move to Surface Phone, they should have continued to foster their market share with reasonably priced phones, and app development. I can see no other outcome than failure. It's a shame because I like Win Phone.
    Wolfjt likes this.
    10-08-2017 05:07 PM
    I'll continue to use my Windows phone but the only conclusion I can come to is that it is dead. Microsoft stopped making it a priority and has been killing apps and features. They have driven the market share into the ground which is causing the app gap to GROW. Even if Surface Phone comes out, what will be the purpose? A phone that can be a computer but STILL has no apps? Who T F wants THAT? In my opinion, *IF* they intend to move to Surface Phone, they should have continued to foster their market share with reasonably priced phones, and app development. I can see no other outcome than failure. It's a shame because I like Win Phone.
    They have more influence and control over what happens to their ecosystem via their software capabilities right now. That has also been the case for at least a year or more. Mobile hardware is where they can't even budge the needle. I doubt a mobile phone each year would have helped anything on their app side of things.
    Last edited by Nate W; 10-08-2017 at 06:44 PM.
    Wolfjt likes this.
    10-08-2017 05:16 PM
    https://twitter.com/joebelfiore/stat...71399541391360
    Dead of windows phone confirmed

Sent from (iOK)
    All I can say is wow. Thank you for sharing.

Edit: Windows Central has now posted an article on this: https://www.windowscentral.com/micro...-focus-anymore
    Guytronic and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-08-2017 05:17 PM
    Not gonna happen, wouldn't be prudent.
    Okay...can't blame a guy for trying :)
    10-08-2017 06:10 PM
    Okay...can't blame a guy for trying :)
    I'd be doing the same. Rich people don't get there by being stupid. Well, the ***** at 1600 Pennsylvania is the exception.
    Guytronic likes this.
    10-08-2017 07:41 PM
    I'd be doing the same. Rich people don't get there by being stupid. Well, the ***** at 1600 Pennsylvania is the exception.
    For the love of all that's good don't bring politics into this.
    Tinkernaught likes this.
    10-08-2017 08:25 PM
    I feel the same way. Or maybe Microsoft surprises everyone....maybe
    Surprise! Windows phone is dead (no longer a focus)!
    Wolfjt likes this.
    10-09-2017 07:19 AM
    My prediction becomes true😭

Sent from (iOK)
    10-09-2017 01:03 PM
    Surprise! Windows phone is dead (no longer a focus)!
    Not much of a surprise, but thanks for the reminder. I was actually inferring on what @fatclue_98 was pointing at with iOS in the future and giving Microsoft the benefit of the doubt in what they are doing. It is possible the phone/slab mobile device we know shifts as makers begin to test the waters for newer tech, and advancements. I doubt it will change rapidly as those handful of makers have big dice on what happens in the consumer world of technology. Meaning they will spoon feed us these pocket rockets for as long as they want/need until the break through need to come.
    10-09-2017 03:35 PM
    My prediction becomes true😭

Sent from (iOK)
    You didn't need to be Karnak The Magnificent to see this one coming.

libra89 and Wolfjt like this.
    10-09-2017 03:51 PM
    U were right!!!! Quick, give me lotto numbers!!!
    10-12-2017 03:22 PM
    Well this is a weird thread. Windows on phones has been dead for ages already. Officially. A bit late to the party I would say.

Windows 10 Mobile, the label or marketing term is also dead (thankfully).

However, what W10M refers to, the actual nuts and bolts of the software, how it works, how it's put together... that is not dead.

Since i don't care about labels or marketing terms, I find it perfectly valid to say W10M is not dead. Provided MS doesn't give up on UWP completely, it will someday resurface under a different name (Andromeda OS?), while using CShell as its launcher. Nevertheless, at its core, it will still be the same thing that we call W10M today.

Of course, MS will do everything they can to not have that new shiny product associated with W10M's negative stigma. Nevertheless, by what name we refer to something doesn't change what that something actually is.

This is probably not the easiest concept to grasp, but I hope it's at least somewhat clear.

Take care everyone!
    10-12-2017 06:53 PM
    Look, everything dies and if i die 5 years from now you can't claim i am dead today. The WP sirens have been claiming WP was dead back in the Palm Tro days. They can't come out of the woodwork now claiming they were right. W10M is dead (or near death) the same way W 7.0 and 8.1 are dead. Once One Core is released on mobile units, WP lives on. Of course, the same yahoos will still be around claiming WP is dead. Lol

Twitter: @PhotographyET
    10-12-2017 07:16 PM
52 123