What outdoor security cameras are compatible with using Windows phones as a viewer ?

I have tried researching this, and it can be confusing trying to be sure which outdoor security cameras are truly compatible with using a Windows phone as a viewer. (We have home WIFI which our phones connect to also, as well as a data plan for when away from home)

I found an app on the Windows store called "IP CENTCOM" that says cameras that use ONVIF should be compatible but when I search online for ONVIF based cameras (like on Amazon) the description will only mention being android and IOS compatible.

I'd like to find an outdoor security camera that:

Is compatible with using my Windows phone as a viewer
    Is priced under $100
    Has night vision preferably to at least 50 feet
    Has decent reviews so I can feel it will be worth getting

Any suggestions on any such cameras is appreciated !

Gary
    10-19-2017 01:52 PM
    The "Ring" video doorbell works with Windows I believe.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    10-19-2017 02:03 PM
    Thanks, I appreciate the reply, I was aware of that device, and might consider it in the future, but for now I was looking more for one of the traditional outdoor "bullet" style cameras with the night vision IR leds.
    10-19-2017 02:14 PM
    Thanks, I appreciate the reply, I was aware of that device, and might consider it in the future, but for now I was looking more for one of the traditional outdoor "bullet" style cameras with the night vision IR leds.
    10-19-2017 02:14 PM
    I've been looking myself and its a toss up between Sricam and Reolink. I'm leaning towards Reolink. Been using IP centcon for the last few years wf, and droid and PC with a mix of ip cameras. Don't go with reolinks battery operated models, they do not support ONVIF
    11-26-2017 08:42 PM
    I've been looking myself and its a toss up between Sricam and Reolink. I'm leaning towards Reolink. Been using IP centcon for the last few years wf, and droid and PC with a mix of ip cameras. Don't go with reolinks battery operated models, they do not support ONVIF
    Thanks for the reply, it is appreciated !

After some research I got a Hikvision DS-2CD2342WD-I outdoor security camera.

There is a windows phone app that works with that camera called iVMS-4500 https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/ivms-4500/9wzdncrcx2z4

(there is also a version that works on PC computers called iVMS-4200)

For a secure connection I use the free open source Softether VPN software https://www.softether.org/ on a computer connected to the router by Ethernet cable, and then on my windows phone I use the L2TP with IPsec VPN option for when I need to have a remote view to the camera thru a data connection when away from my WIFI.
    Laura Knotek and raycpl like this.
    11-26-2017 09:06 PM