What outdoor security cameras are compatible with using Windows phones as a viewer ?

GKL50

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
What outdoor security cameras are compatible with using Windows phones as a viewer ?

I have tried researching this, and it can be confusing trying to be sure which outdoor security cameras are truly compatible with using a Windows phone as a viewer. (We have home WIFI which our phones connect to also, as well as a data plan for when away from home)

I found an app on the Windows store called "IP CENTCOM" that says cameras that use ONVIF should be compatible but when I search online for ONVIF based cameras (like on Amazon) the description will only mention being android and IOS compatible.

I'd like to find an outdoor security camera that:

Is compatible with using my Windows phone as a viewer
Is priced under $100
Has night vision preferably to at least 50 feet
Has decent reviews so I can feel it will be worth getting

Any suggestions on any such cameras is appreciated !

Gary

GKL50

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
The "Ring" video doorbell works with Windows I believe.

Thanks, I appreciate the reply, I was aware of that device, and might consider it in the future, but for now I was looking more for one of the traditional outdoor "bullet" style cameras with the night vision IR leds.

GKL50

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
The "Ring" video doorbell works with Windows I believe.

Thanks, I appreciate the reply, I was aware of that device, and might consider it in the future, but for now I was looking more for one of the traditional outdoor "bullet" style cameras with the night vision IR leds.

atcsam

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site
I've been looking myself and its a toss up between Sricam and Reolink. I'm leaning towards Reolink. Been using IP centcon for the last few years wf, and droid and PC with a mix of ip cameras. Don't go with reolinks battery operated models, they do not support ONVIF

GKL50

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
I've been looking myself and its a toss up between Sricam and Reolink. I'm leaning towards Reolink. Been using IP centcon for the last few years wf, and droid and PC with a mix of ip cameras. Don't go with reolinks battery operated models, they do not support ONVIF

Thanks for the reply, it is appreciated !

After some research I got a Hikvision DS-2CD2342WD-I outdoor security camera.

There is a windows phone app that works with that camera called iVMS-4500 https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/ivms-4500/9wzdncrcx2z4

(there is also a version that works on PC computers called iVMS-4200)

For a secure connection I use the free open source Softether VPN software https://www.softether.org/ on a computer connected to the router by Ethernet cable, and then on my windows phone I use the L2TP with IPsec VPN option for when I need to have a remote view to the camera thru a data connection when away from my WIFI.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos