Windows Phone internals version 2.2

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
We should know in a few days what precisely Heathcliff has cooked up

His tool is to unlock Lumias. I am not sure where folks see him releasing Android roms for this. Or why they keep asking if they can install Android. It is up to you if you find a way how...If you want to install Android on a Lumia you should start reading up on the Android4Lumia project to get an idea of what it takes to compile the code from scratch for just one device (Lumia 520 or 720). Again it is possible, but folks are asking a lot when they say I want Android to run on my Lumia. It would take a lot of collaboration, and I am not saying it is not possible. Like mentioned if you want Android buy an Android phone, it will run better than a lumia running Android anyway.
It is almost like me asking for a Nexus 6p to run Windows 10 mobile...sure sounds great seems possible, but I don't know what I am asking for when I say that.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would look to the Android for Lumia 520/720 threads on XDA for an idea of what has been done so far and how much you can expect in the near future. (Not much)

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Who is going to compile all the hardware drivers? Every Lumia is going to be different in some way...

Not to mention the regional variants....

The people who ask about flashing Android to their Lumia phones have no idea how much work is needed and not to mention the hours / days / months of testing that would be required to ensure the Radio Chipset is not messed up, as otherwise it's just a fancy WiFi only media player... or a paperweight.

It would be a different story if Microsoft released the driver stacks for all the variants and SOCs. But that isn't happening as by doing so it would be possible to reverse engineer the code and expose other flaws in Windows 10. As the mobile code is also embedded into Windows 10 (case in point the Surface Hub use the Mobile UX App list for the Surface Hub App List).

That is the cost of unification of an O/S across multiple devices.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I wonder if a Dual OS/Dual boot scenario might be simpler a approach? Since Secure boot can be disabled now on the newer Lumia hw. Remember Coship mentioned they were working to release a dual OS Android/W10M phone back like 6 months ago?

Edit: Yet we are talking still putting Android on already jail broken hardware. That right there is even less secure than jail broken hardware with Windows 10 Mobile running...
It is interesting to read how many people would like Android on the newer lumias. This revised tool once released will probably be even more popular then his first version.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
He released 2.3 for anyone interested. His short video states his interest in attempting to bring back Astoria or port it to the newer W10M builds...:)

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I think that was an 830, but Guss has not responded yet. Also, touch did not work but all other drivers did for 8.1RT.

Where is the 1520 W10A?

NM I see it! Awesome Sauce!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb