Music sync issues - songs showing up twice

os2k

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have tried to sync some music to the phone, however, some of the songs show up twice in the music app (both MS and Nokia). The album info gets messed up as well - showing up wrong information and splitting a single album into 3 different ones.

I tried drag and drop, Windows Media Player, Windows Phone SW and Media Monkey - all with the same results.

It seems that the phone is trying to update media information from the internet, and it's ignoring or overwriting the mp3 tag info.

Any ideas as to how to solve it?

Thanks!

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I have tried to sync some music to the phone, however, some of the songs show up twice in the music app (both MS and Nokia). The album info gets messed up as well - showing up wrong information and splitting a single album into 3 different ones.

I tried drag and drop, Windows Media Player, Windows Phone SW and Media Monkey - all with the same results.

It seems that the phone is trying to update media information from the internet, and it's ignoring or overwriting the mp3 tag info.

Any ideas as to how to solve it?

Thanks!

Oh yeah, here's the fix. Read my rant.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-os-discussion/202800.htm

os2k

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering if this fixed your duplicate issue as well as the tag mess?

Yes.

I had to remove all music from the phone and re-sync. Worked great!

I did run into some issues with some of the album covers not syncing, but after re-applying the cover art in WMP, everything worked.

xyon01

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So you're using WMP again.

Hmm, I tried that but every track is listed on the phone twice & when I plug back into WMP it lists everything on the phone under one giant 'unknown album'.

os2k

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have been using a mix of WMP, MediaMOnkey and Drag and Drop.
I did also go to the Music folder file explorer and deleted all data from the the subfolders (Albums, Artists...)

I also made sure all the files were properly tagged using a mix of MediaMonkey and Foobar2K.

Hope this helps.

JohnStewieWalke

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I've spent two days on it. I think that advanced tags (such as "DISCNUMBER", "TRACK" and so on...) are causing it. So what I did was that I downloaded a program Mp3Tag (but any other mp3 tags editor will work just fine) and I put the whole folder (Album) into the program then selected all the mp3 files and then I removed the contents from the tags that weren'tt basic (I kept just album, artist, title and just the basic ones the way they were). That solved my problem, hope that will work for you ass well.

I'm sorry, I don't speak English very well, I hope that everything above is understandable.

Last edited:

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Wow, resurrection!

Open Music>Swipe 3 dots upward>Settings>Connect with Xbox Music>OFF

This solved all my duplicate albums and oddly named tracks issue. Now everything appears on my device as it does on my PC. I recommend using Media Monkey for all mp3 tagging needs. Works great.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
If you have double songs there, then just clean your album and artist folders (it might remove all songs too, when you do that), then just sync or move your songs back to your cp - then album and artist folders will be created automatically again with single information (no doubles) ... about tags, you need album names and album artist to make Music + Videos work well, but Nokia Music is not that demanding for tags, it works pretty well just with title and artist tags ...

I have no experience using Xbox Music online, so read the above message first (just try to disconnect Xbox Music first, to check out does it solve your problem)

raj_lumia 620

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I tried this and it worked.

Just delete all music, artists, albums from your phone. Then sync again... Do not select 'sync all music'. Only select sync music and the required playlists.
This synced all the playlists I created in my pc.
Not sure about the tags and how they are interfering. I donot use xbox music either. I m guessing and may not be 100 % right...but in my case, duplicates appeared because I was selecting 'sync all' mucic previously.
I just selected 'sync music' this time and there are no duplicates now.

Thank you very much

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb