Xbox Music Explained.

lindhmik

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
From what I've seen, phone will not sync to cloud. My plan was to have laptop and RT set to auto download new music and actually download to phone. Got about 10 albums in and realized not happening. RT and W8 laptop will stay in sync as long as cloud symbol is under album, but it appears phone can only be synced from cloud, not to it. I don't know if it is a setting I've missed, just how it is or something MS is working on.

This! Anyway, i have seen posts elsewhere which tells that this work from phone to pc aswell.. Of course no one can tell how, and why it isnt working for everyone..
I have actually been pretty much satisfied with xbox music besides that.. No return to Spotify for me.

cashcar1979

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Xbox music doesn't suck if you know how it works. It takes a little time to get setup and if you bought phone first and then W8 laptop, which most of us did, it is a cluster. Also, coming from Zune IS even worse. But, if you load all of your music to W8 laptop or RT and get it all synced up properly, which does take some time, it works perfectly. Look for the cloud symbol on all your albums. Some albums you will have to manually sync and actually pick which song it matches on the cloud. Once all of your music is set properly, delete your locally stored music on phone and download from cloud as you see fit. Or create playlists and just download them. It takes some time depending on how much music you have and yes Zune to Xbox is a nightmare from what I've read. But once it is setup properly it works like a charm. If it was easy everybody would do it.

LMAO! So customers have to work around MSFTs train wreck?

If you never used Zune I suppose you could like Xbox Music. However the Xbox Music PC app is a far cry from what Zune provided.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
LMAO! So customers have to work around MSFTs train wreck?

If you never used Zune I suppose you could like Xbox Music. However the Xbox Music PC app is a far cry from what Zune provided.

First, let me say I agree with you. Most of the MS offerings right now are a train wreck. Xbox music is by no means user friendly or efficient right now. But, it will get better. I think people coming from iTunes or Zune are having the most issues. I was just using WMPlayer and downloading from Amazon. Once I got W8 laptop, loaded with my music and got everything synced, it has been a great experience. I now have laptop, RT and 920 setup with all the same music and synced. Took me two weekends but its done. No split albums and no duplicates. I never used Zune but it does sound like a step backwards. Hopefully next move from MS will be two steps forward. We'll just have to wait and see.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
First is when are we going to be able to get our music that we PAID $ for and enjoyed listing to on our wp7 phones to work on our new wp8 phones. Why should we have to purchase music again when we already have it in the Zune desktop app. MS needs to fix this now! Or give us our money back, this is my music that they charge me for and i should be able to listen to. This should not be my problem for their short coming. Microsoft step up to the plate...

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Voted as well.

I loved the zune software. I hate xbox music. Not because it's new, I'm fine with new software and ideas and layouts. Xbox music is just crap. Want to find a particular artist in the store? There is no alphabetical listing of all artists. Want to look at an album in my own collection? It squeezes the content into ~1/9th of my screen size. Want to get my collection of music on my lumia 920? If I sync the music (which I can no longer do wirelessly or automatically) and turn on cloud music, it duplicates everything on the phone when it should match everything exactly (it is two copies of the same music). When I listen to music on my phone, the new music+videos app seems to have less than half of the album art that the old wp7+ music app had. What's up with that? Want to get rid of the duplicates? Delete everything I synced to my phone and now I have to download each of 500+ albums one at a time through my phone? Good God I better be on wifi. Want to download a playlist to my phone from the cloud? Not possible. Want to create an autoplaylist? Can't, they're gone. Want to edit a large playlist? Again, the list is squeezed into 1/9th of the screen. You can't sort by artist name, or song name, or album name, or anything. It's crap. I'll just stick to windows media player and keep cloud services turned off. At least it can sync the music I tell it to without screwing things up. Maybe Nokia's music service will turn out to be something worthwhile. Or Amazon's. But xbox music? It's a really, really sad start.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon