We are unable to confirm the media usage rights for this content

VDubb22

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I started to receive an error, "We are unable to confirm the media usage rights for this content," when attempting to play any song I downloaded through Xbox Music on my HTC 8X. I can stream just fine, but cannot play any downloaded music. I tried deleting and re-adding my music, contacting Xbox Music support, and contacting Windows Phone support with no solution for my issue. WP Support is escalating the ticket, but I've found on other forums that they have yet to receive any contact from MS after days of waiting. Some users tried hard resets and swapping devices, but still experience the issue. I'm hoping someone here might know what the heck is going on.

wsrobert

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Getting the same error. Support has no answers apart from asking me to perform a hard reset though that appears to not be working for anyone so I'm going to pass on that.

Anyone else have any ideas?

VDubb22

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, support has failed me on all fronts. I'm finished with WP8 for now. I could stand some of the bugs, but this is the last straw. I will keep my 8X lying around and come back once some of these bugs are fixed.

wsrobert

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
This doesnt seem to be an isolated issue either. Appears that many people are in the same boat.

Another question for you. Did you happen to sign up for the trial at first but then decide to pay at some point? I ask, because this is what I did and I started running into this problem at exactly the end of the trial period. Though I had also paid as well. Support has confirmed my payment information is correct. I'm just wondering if it has something to do with signing up initially for a trial and then eventually paying for the service.

Matt Levan

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
That's exactly what happened to me. Trial worked great (was even able to play music on my phone that was transferred from my PC). As soon as the trial ended and I renewed my subscription with a year pass, it all went to ****... ****.

wsrobert

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
It works now! Have no idea why or how exactly but try this (which is what I did).

I found that I could stream music fine as long as I hadnt actually "downloaded" the song/album so though maybe if I just tried listening to music "through the cloud" might work. Turns out now everything works.

Swipe over to the "songs" list and select "cloud collection" only. Play a song from the list. Then simply switch back to "all" and try a song you've downloaded.

Have zero idea why this worked for me but its worth a try.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if this is related, but I got that message when I was on a plane and tried to watch a movie I purchased through Amazon. Once I landed and had a data connection it worked fine.

Matt Levan

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
It works now! Have no idea why or how exactly but try this (which is what I did).

I found that I could stream music fine as long as I hadnt actually "downloaded" the song/album so though maybe if I just tried listening to music "through the cloud" might work. Turns out now everything works.

Swipe over to the "songs" list and select "cloud collection" only. Play a song from the list. Then simply switch back to "all" and try a song you've downloaded.

Have zero idea why this worked for me but its worth a try.

Alright, this has helped me download albums I wouldn't otherwise be able to on my phone. But this doesn't fix 'syncing' music from my PC. I still can't play songs on my phone that I've transferred from my PC. At least I can download songs onto my phone (using WP8 Xbox Music app) and listen to songs using my phone's hard drive instead of sucking up all of my monthly data! Thanks buddy.

tgallipeau

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yup this just happened to me as well, as the Xbox Music Pass has expired and the subscription kicked in, now I can't listen to music on my device and none of these fixes work either.

This was the last straw, just called AT&T going back to an iPhone.

I want to thank people in this forum who were kind enough to respond to my questions, I wish you all good luck with your Windows devices.

blackhawk7188

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I had this issue streaming over my network to my xbox last night(muppets christmas carol). All I did was restart my xbox and it worked perfectly fine. Try restarting your phone to refresh the marketplace. I have issues at times with my 900 listening to music saying the market is having issues. Hope this helps.

thetroublewith

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting this error as well, and when I try to look at My Music on the Windows 8 app it's just saying "We can't connect to Xbox service right now."?

adebo

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Same problem. My free trial expired and now that I have paid the $100 I am getting the same error. I cannot play a single song that I have downloaded and I cannot listen to anything offline. This is frustrating as I purchased this to use on the plane as I travel a lot. If anyone gets a resolution from support please post. At this point I will take a refund...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers