Xbox Music App Fix It List

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
As a longtime Zuner I am very underwhelmed to say the least by Xbox Music. In order to be taken seriously, I'll refrain from my negative viewpoints of the app and just try to stay positive and come up with some changes to make the app better and improve its quality. Here are a few things I'd like to see in the future updates of the Xbox music app:

Related tab
Ability to buy multiple tracks at once
The favorites heart
Set up function for first time you open use app, defaulting to cloud sync is confusing especially to first time users.
Please remove big ugly white window in the middle of screen when you click on album or artist. Just open a new pane to the right or left. Have option to sync cloud collection at night while unit isn't being used and you are asleep.

So any thoughts would be appreciated, as I know we wont get Zune back but maybe we can make this app more Zunish...is that a word, probably not. :evil:

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a good list. I want the social integration of Zune back. Like where you could keep track of what you were listening to and so could your Zune Social connections.

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
After using the windows phone sync client for wp8/Rt and Xbox music somehow of they could combine both it would be very close to Zune Mio.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Not sure if you're talking about the phone or tablet version, but on the phone, they really need to fix the small pause that happens 10-15 seconds before the end of EVERY streamed track (presumably that's when it starts loading the next song). That's just obnoxious.

Baron5X

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
how about being able to control what syncs to where? I like my PC to be my main platform for all my music collection, but my Surface isn't nearly big enough to hold all my music and it's killing all my space when I really only use my Surface to listen to a handful of playlist. If I could specifically set what syncs to my Surface, like I did with my Zune and Windows Phone, that would be fantastic.

Also, could we bring back a feature I liked from Media Player? Fading in and out of songs, mixing the songs as you transition from one to the other. That would be pretty awesome for my dance/club music playlist.

my experience with improve tenfold if we could just deal with these two things. i can't be that hard...

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
how about being able to control what syncs to where? I like my PC to be my main platform for all my music collection, but my Surface isn't nearly big enough to hold all my music and it's killing all my space when I really only use my Surface to listen to a handful of playlist. If I could specifically set what syncs to my Surface, like I did with my Zune and Windows Phone, that would be fantastic.

You can, sort of. Turn off the feature to automatically download music to this device, and then manually download the specific albums you want to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans