Other Music Apps??

jswantek

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't stream music or play music from online sources, that uses way too much of my data plan, so I copy my .mp3 files onto my phone. I did look at the Xbox Music on WP8, tried it a little bit on my phone, and I absolutely hate it. In a word, it's awful. Anyway, I'm looking for something else. Is anyone aware of any programs out there (yes, I said programs, not apps, I'm showing my age) that I can use to play music on my phone without having to use an online source, or go through Xbox?

Best case scenario: Can Zune be loaded onto WP8?

ryker002

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Zune has been replaced by Xbox music unfortunately. From what I've seen however it isn't to much different, just load your music on from the Windows Phone 8 app on your computer and it works like Zune.

To another app, I myself haven't seen anything that isn't streaming. Yet.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

jswantek

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, no, it isn't like Zune, not even close. Zune never changed my files' metadata from the correct information to something from left field. Zune never told me that I didn't have the rights to use my own files. Zune had an actual Live Tile. That's just a few examples.

ryker002

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I've owned a Zune since the HD first came out and I haven't exactly noticed any difference big enough to push me away from Xbox Music.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

jswantek

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, just because you "haven't exactly noticed any difference big enough" doesn't mean that there's no difference. I've noticed differences, and I don't like them.

But, that's not the point of my thread, and I'm not going to debate what's different or the same between the two, there's other threads for that.

I'm searching for a music app, other than Xbox Music, that will play music from my phone, not streaming and using up my data plan or charging me money every month to listen to my music.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs