XBox Music Pass - Quick Question.

ImNickBarnes

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I purchased my first Windows Phone today (after being on iOS and Android, I decided it was time for a change) and I just had a quick question regarding the XBox Music Pass.

After getting the Samsung ATIV S today, I purchased a Monthly Music Pass - after cancelling my Spotify subscription - and I was wondering how exactly the pass works?

If I go into the XBox Music app on my main screen, and click "download" on say a single or album, will that download as part of my music pass? In another words, if I click download on any album/single, I won't be charged for anything as I've purchased a pass?

Thanks,
Nick

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Yep, no charge to download, it's part of your music pass. You can "purchase" for a fee if you want it DRM free, but you don't have to. With a download, that song/album is yours to listen to offline and online until you cancel your subscription.

ImNickBarnes

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Yep, no charge to download, it's part of your music pass. You can "purchase" if you want it DRM free, but that songs is yours to listen to offline and online until you cancel your subscription.

Thanks for that :) Just needed to check I was doing things correctly before downloading a bunch of albums!!

randomscandinavian

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Yep, no charge to download, it's part of your music pass. You can "purchase" for a fee if you want it DRM free, but you don't have to. With a download, that song/album is yours to listen to offline and online until you cancel your subscription.

I cancelled my subscription in January but 4 days into February I can still listen to all my downloaded music from the store. What's up with that?
BTW, can somebody tell me how to delete albums? I can only remove music one track at the time.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I cancelled my subscription in January but 4 days into February I can still listen to all my downloaded music from the store. What's up with that?
BTW, can somebody tell me how to delete albums? I can only remove music one track at the time.
The DRM on each downloaded song lasts for one month (up to your next billing cycle). As long as you're subscribed, each song continuously extends to the following billing date when it comes time to pay for the month. If you've cancelled, it lapses on that billing date and the songs are unplayable after that point. You should be able to check the expiration date of your songs in the "Properties" window from a computer. No idea how to do that from Windows Phone though. Enjoy the songs while you can :)

I wouldn't be able to help you with deleting albums since a large majority of my collection is cloud matched and I can't delete cloud matched songs. Of the songs on my SD card, each belongs to an album with at least one cloud matched song... sorry.

randomscandinavian

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
OK thanks! My expiration date is Febuary 1st. So for now I'm just lucky I guess. Well... I actually don't listen to hardly any music on my phone for the time being so I'm mostly worried that playing the wrong track would automatically renew my old subscription. But it appears that it doesn't.

About deleting albums you have downloaded for offline use, it looks to me like they have simply omitted the feature. You have to go into the track listing and individually delete each track for the album to disappear. Odd. In any case I won't really be at home until Spotify appears, with my 17 lengthy playlists and friends' playlists and so on.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
OK thanks! My expiration date is Febuary 1st. So for now I'm just lucky I guess. Well... I actually don't listen to hardly any music on my phone for the time being so I'm mostly worried that playing the wrong track would automatically renew my old subscription. But it appears that it doesn't.

About deleting albums you have downloaded for offline use, it looks to me like they have simply omitted the feature. You have to go into the track listing and individually delete each track for the album to disappear. Odd. In any case I won't really be at home until Spotify appears, with my 17 lengthy playlists and friends' playlists and so on.

The fastest way to get rid of your expired content would be to connect the phone (I also have the Ativ S, BTW) to your PC via USB and use Windows file explorer. Find the phone music folder, highlight all content, and hit delete. Done!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium