04-04-2013 11:42 AM
40 12
tools
    That's all from a link on the Microsoft answers forum. The single most active topic actually, with 43 pages of responses.
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...9-4626090289a3

And thanks for attacking me guys, appreciate it.
    Dude chill out! No one is attacking you. I didn't call you names or insulted you in any way. I was just joking. Life is too short to take this stuff so seriously.
    03-26-2013 02:17 PM
    Still a million miles off Zune. These updates are still just baby steps really.
    03-26-2013 06:39 PM
    Finally Xbox Music sees some vast improvements compared to it's previously very weak state (downloaded update today). Your own collection has now many added organizational functions through various categories. I could be wrong but I think many options have now been added to the Now Playing screen; including a now-playing list, and volume control. Has there been a completed list of all the changes in this update? From what I can tell, other than the added organizational changes and playing functions, it seems a bit faster. I'm finally considering using Xbox Music again as my main player. I feel that there are still many needed changes they can make to it, but at least they are headed in the right direction. It really seems like Microsoft is starting to take a much more "update" oriented solution to their software.
    03-27-2013 01:32 AM
    Some of you really take the development of these apps/operating systems so personally. If you need to type a 3000 outlined list of what's wrong with an app, you probably should be spending your time elsewhere.

With that being said, I haven't fully tested the app, but performance seems to be improved.
    03-27-2013 09:22 AM
    Hi,
    Just want to tell you, there's an update to Xbox Music and it much improves Cloud Sync. Now you can manage what's in the cloud and it's just great!!!!
    How does it let you manage whats in the cloud? Can you see an separate list of music on your PC and music that is in the cloud? Can you now delete items from your cloud collection?

I still see that when i download an album on my WP8 it does't show up on my surface pro. Works the other way as it always did.
    03-27-2013 10:59 AM
    I don't see App Updates in the store settings !!! i see PIN & Suggestions that's it.
    and i hate how XBox Cloud music is linked to Windows 8.
    i have Lumia 920 on AT&T.

Store > Settings > App updates > check for updates and it should pop up.
    03-27-2013 12:28 PM
    I don't see App Updates in the store settings !!! i see PIN & Suggestions that's it.
    and i hate how XBox Cloud music is linked to Windows 8.
    i have Lumia 920 on AT&T.
    This is for Windows 8, not Windows Phone
    03-27-2013 12:35 PM
    Some of you really take the development of these apps/operating systems so personally. If you need to type a 3000 outlined list of what's wrong with an app, you probably should be spending your time elsewhere.

With that being said, I haven't fully tested the app, but performance seems to be improved.
    I believe it was copy/pasted from the MS answers forum, where there are a lot of people p'd off with how the music experience has been completely nerfed from the jump from WP7 to WP8. It's particularly annoying because its not just a bad app to use, it actually messes up your music collection, and costs you more of your data package due to the reliance on streaming.
    Trainwreck_0532 likes this.
    03-27-2013 02:33 PM
    I believe it was copy/pasted from the MS answers forum, where there are a lot of people p'd off with how the music experience has been completely nerfed from the jump from WP7 to WP8. It's particularly annoying because its not just a bad app to use, it actually messes up your music collection, and costs you more of your data package due to the reliance on streaming.
    you said pretty much exactly how it is, cheers!
    03-27-2013 04:14 PM
    Just noticed this. You can activate the jump list under My Music by doing a pinch-to-zoom.
    03-27-2013 04:53 PM
    Still second rate, needs a lot of help to get back to where zune was.
    03-27-2013 11:09 PM
    There's one thing i can't figure out. Before the update i could just click play on a song and it would just play forever. Now, when i click play on a song, it adds all other songs (from the album, collection or wherever i am) to now playing. So my question is, how can i just play one, specific song ? :D
    03-30-2013 06:31 PM
    I find Xbox Music fantastic if you stick to the Xbox service. It struggles when you try and load in your own music, though the update has definitely improved this.

IMO, Both Xbox Music and Video need the ability to load your own metadata (badly!), and the ability to download albums in bulk (at the moment its done on a song by song basis). Overall the Xbox Music service is a winner in my view. The catalogue of music is the biggest I have seen - out does Spotify easily. To me, for a subscription service, that is the single most important thing. As the app develops and adds new functionality I think it will win the stream music battle for Microsoft. I switched from Spotify and am very happy I did.
    04-01-2013 07:24 AM
    That's a big IF! :) MS introducing a streaming service is a great thing, but NOT at the expense of impeding basic functionality such as music management and syncing your own songs to the device. Something that even my Creative Labs DAP Jukebox HDD MP3 player did better about 10years ago...
    Trainwreck_0532 likes this.
    04-04-2013 03:51 AM
    There's one thing i can't figure out. Before the update i could just click play on a song and it would just play forever. Now, when i click play on a song, it adds all other songs (from the album, collection or wherever i am) to now playing. So my question is, how can i just play one, specific song ? :D
    Instead of just clicking play on a song, you have to select it like you would select an application and press "Play Selected"
    smeshko likes this.
    04-04-2013 11:42 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD