People, I need a little help here.

I am really confused about the whole streaming vs local music in XBox Music. I can accept that XBox music will go through my local collection and see what's also available for streaming. Which is cool for my other systems that don't have a local copies which is nice to be able to play songs via the cloud.

What I don't understand is why in the world MS would show the same songs that are "stream-able" on a device that has the same songs locally?!?!?!?! It's just frustrating to see duplicates in my music collection.
    03-26-2013 09:49 PM
    People, I need a little help here.

I am really confused about the whole streaming vs local music in XBox Music. I can accept that XBox music will go through my local collection and see what's also available for streaming. Which is cool for my other systems that don't have a local copies which is nice to be able to play songs via the cloud.

What I don't understand is why in the world MS would show the same songs that are "stream-able" on a device that has the same songs locally?!?!?!?! It's just frustrating to see duplicates in my music collection.
    I only had that problem when my cloud collection contained the explicit version and my local contained the edited version.
    03-26-2013 09:55 PM
    I'm also trying to decide if I want to sync my music to the cloud. I really only use my Surface when WiFi is available. I only download music using my 920. It would be great if the songs from my 920 would cloud sync to my Surface. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, there's no way to manage what appears in the cloud. Seems like it would be a hassle if my devices kept syncing songs I don't want.
    03-26-2013 11:10 PM
    That's why I got a 820 put in a 32gb card and just slapped everything on it (most of it at least). If I had unlimited data, I'd probably seriously consider Xbox Music or some streaming services
    03-26-2013 11:56 PM