Cloud vs Local

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
People, I need a little help here.

I am really confused about the whole streaming vs local music in XBox Music. I can accept that XBox music will go through my local collection and see what's also available for streaming. Which is cool for my other systems that don't have a local copies which is nice to be able to play songs via the cloud.

What I don't understand is why in the world MS would show the same songs that are "stream-able" on a device that has the same songs locally?!?!?!?! It's just frustrating to see duplicates in my music collection.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
People, I need a little help here.

I am really confused about the whole streaming vs local music in XBox Music. I can accept that XBox music will go through my local collection and see what's also available for streaming. Which is cool for my other systems that don't have a local copies which is nice to be able to play songs via the cloud.

What I don't understand is why in the world MS would show the same songs that are "stream-able" on a device that has the same songs locally?!?!?!?! It's just frustrating to see duplicates in my music collection.

I only had that problem when my cloud collection contained the explicit version and my local contained the edited version.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm also trying to decide if I want to sync my music to the cloud. I really only use my Surface when WiFi is available. I only download music using my 920. It would be great if the songs from my 920 would cloud sync to my Surface. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, there's no way to manage what appears in the cloud. Seems like it would be a hassle if my devices kept syncing songs I don't want.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
That's why I got a 820 put in a 32gb card and just slapped everything on it (most of it at least). If I had unlimited data, I'd probably seriously consider Xbox Music or some streaming services

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon