XBox Music Censoring Music?

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi, so I've noticed recently that XBox music on my surface has been changing a uncensored song with a clean version. I thought maybe it had something to do with the fact that I bought a song on my phone and when I loaded the music app on my surface and it downloaded it somehow the clean version got added. but its also doing it with alot of my music that I have loaded on my surface. I asked xboxsupport on twitter and they asked if it was a console and if I had a music pass. I said it was a surface rt and i didnt have a pass. I havent heard back, which is odd because they reply back right away most of the time. Is there an option I'm missing or is this a way for them to force you to get a pass?

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
When doing Xbox music match I had to select the un censored versions, that may be a issue.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
What's worse bringing up the past or flooding a topic?

Anyway, I thought I was going crazy. I have may uncensored songs in my cloud collection as I do have the pass... I get a new phone ( a 520 while my 1020 gets fixed) and I download all my music...
Some tracks are censored, some different versions... Wtf. I'm really getting sick of xbm. It's these little things.

... So any ideas???

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
It's just their matching algorithm being sub-optimal.
They need to brush it up if they want people to buy passes.

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
It's just their matching algorithm being sub-optimal.
They need to brush it up if they want people to buy passes.

That can't be it because I add the songs to my collection before I downloaded them. So xbm must know what version I have. I have a pass too... Grrrr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99