XBOX Music + Videos App, Music Synchronization Problems.

SRLumia620

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello.
About two weeks back I purchased a Nokia Lumia 620. It is fantastic to say the least, really loving the Windows Phone Experience.

After much usage I decided to load up my Music Library to the SD Card of the device, which is a SanDisk 8 Gig Micro SDHC. After only about few minutes, realized the fact that the Windows Phone Desktop App (I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit btw) is utter useless. So I decided to use Drag and Drop. Worked like a charm. I Synced a few Playlists using Windows Media Player the next day. But due to the fact that WMP used Folder Hierarchy to organize the files, it did not recognize that the files were already in the Music Folder of the SD Card, and synced them over again.
So I deleted all my songs and Synced them over again, with WMP this time. And all My Playlists as well. It worked. But when I checked in the Music Library, there were duplicates for ninety percent of the songs. I searched for this online and got to know about the bug. Tried turning off Xbox Cloud collection and connect with Xbox as well, to no avail. One of the posts on Windows Phone Central suggested to reset the device. And yes I did go through the trouble of resetting it and installing all the apps over again and setting up everything. Synced my music again, and had no duplicates! After the reset I didn't realize that the Connect with Xbox option was turned on, which was turned on it seems. Xbox started messing up my tags again. I deleted the music and SYNCED AGAIN. (Call me crazy but my Music Library is important to me). And had the duplicates again after the sync.

Also note, all my music were loaded up to the Micro SD Card and not the phone memory. None of my tracks were purchased from Xbox or Zune. They are CD Ripped music. I'm running 1308 Firmware on the Lumia 620.
Please can someone clarify if I'm doing something wrong here with the Syncing? Because this just keeps happening. Is it a bug? If so, can we expect a fix for this in the near future?

Thanks in Advance.

CalumSK

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I had the exact same issue, I also read that if it happens you should connect your phone to your computer, open the music folder and delete everything inside from the actual phones files after formatting the SD card.
That seemed to help a lot of people, didnt work with me though, but then for some reason out of the blue when I synced all my music on again expecting duplicates it was fine after doing nothing different.
The music app needs updated, and yeah I agree that the desktop app is also bad

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Xbox Music is the only thing I don't like about WP8; the rest of the system is fantastic but Xbox Music is crippled and Microsoft need to seriously update it.

I've not found a way to avoid duplicate songs, songs being skipped to DRM (even though they aren't DRM'd) and taking hours to sync. If I download songs directly onto my phone from Xbox Music everything works fine.

SRLumia620

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I formatted my SD Card as suggested by CalumSk, navigated to the music folder within the phone memory itself (not the SD Card). All I see in the Music folder are four separate folders. Album, Artist, Playlist and PodcastSeries. All the folders are empty even after enabling "Show hidden files and folders on Windows 7". When I try to delete the folders themselves, I get a message saying the folders are only Read-Only folders and asking whether I want to permanently delete them anyway. What should I do? Should I delete them?

Thanks in advance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel