I'd like to know who sets the images and band/artist information and pictures on the xbox music app. I found some errors and would like to either modify or report them.

Also, how can I stop xbox music from changing the tags, sometimes changing the band name to some band I don't even know, or again correcting the database?

Thank you!
    04-30-2013 01:30 PM
    I haven't had to edit my tags in a few years but back when I first repaired my tags I would right click the sons and select properties and edit the tags there.
    04-30-2013 04:32 PM
    Yes I did that in the Windows Explorer last week and reorganized all my music. It was a very long process :P

I forgot to mention I'm using it on Windows Phone 8.

But when I copy them on my Windows Phone 8 some albums get automatically retagged and, from what I can see, my choice is either to deactivate "Connect to xbox music" and lose the possibility of using Smart DJ or let xbox music decide what my tags are.

As for the band images, bios and what not, I'm talking about what shows when you tap on a band name. For instance, the Matthew Good Band has no bio nor image. But when you click on Matthew Good you have a Matthew Good Band image and bio. Another example would be when I open Noel Gallagher I get his image and bio but when I open Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds there's nothing.

Thank you!
    05-01-2013 06:39 AM
    There's a section on this here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...ps-tricks.html but you can get a tool called MPATool that will download artist album pics and background pics etc.
    05-01-2013 01:03 PM
    Oh sorry for the confusion. I thought, since it's called XBox Music on the phone as well I thought it was for both.

Thanks for this! I'll check for the app! :)
    05-01-2013 04:18 PM