My wife and I both have WP8 phones and I would like to be able to use my XBOX music subscription with both of them. The problem is my phone authenticates with my microsoft account and my wife's phone authenticates with her microsoft account. The Xbox music subscription was created under my account therefore when my wife goes to XBOX music with her phone it appears that there is no Xbox music subscription. I have searched and searched for a solution to this and haven't found one. It would be nice if you could sign in to XBOX music on the phone with an alternate account but you cannot (at least I haven't found a way).

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thank you
    05-03-2013 08:03 PM
    You are not going to be able to do this without her signing into her phone with your Microsoft account. This is to prevent exactly what you're trying to do (sharing your music account)
    Maybe Microsoft will implement a family sharing feature in the future, but for now, you're out of luck. Sorry :-\
    05-03-2013 08:19 PM
    If both phones were on the same account, I believe you could use it on both phones, just not at the same time. With different accounts, you have to get subscriptions for each. Think of it like you wanted to pay for cell phone service for one phone but use it on two.
    05-03-2013 08:21 PM
    I was pretty sure that was the case just thought I would check in case I was missing something simple. MS really needs to expand their Xbox family plan to include Xbox music for all members of the family. Seems they are still separating from the old "Zune" way of doing things which in a lot of ways was better. I'm sure they will get their we will just have to be patient.

Thanks for the replies.
    05-03-2013 11:08 PM
    This is setup is stupid in of itself, especially since Nokia Music + and any other streaming service that I have tried so far has allowed multiple devices to be signed into the same account. For example I use Music + on my phone and have also signed my wifes wp8 device into my account. This is made possible because Nokia allows you to sign in through its Setting feature. MS has not made it possible to sign out of sign into an MS acct on WP8 . As a matter of fact it is very frustrating that you have to do a hard reset of the phone to even login under another alias. I hope MS rethinks this strategy for both Music and Skydrive
    11-03-2013 05:49 PM
    If you're using the Music and Video hub, you can do exactly that. Open the hub on your wife's device, pull up the bottom app bar and choose "settings". Scroll down and you will find a link "Xbox Music account settings". Tap on that and it will open the browser. Login with your Xbox Music credentials (the MS account you're using on your device) and you're good. This way your wife's phone will use your Xbox Music subscription.
    Since the music and video hub are going to be removed with the upcoming 8.1 updated and replaced with the already existing separate Xbox Video and Xbox Music apps, I'm not sure if this will continue to work though. Currently you have to login to your Xbox Music account when launching the Xbox Music app for the very first time. Which basically gives you the same option as described above.
    03-11-2014 05:53 AM