Xbox Music connection with Facebook

Gwenddoleu

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Still no connection between Xbox Music and Facebook (as Spotify does, with played songs, albums, statistics, etc. displaying in Facebook).

Does one know if there is an approximative release date for that service?

Thank's.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I despise when people post this sort of stuff on Facebook! lol

You can post what you are listening to through the music app, it just isn't done automatically. There is a share option in the menu.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, you weren't entirely clear. That said, given the multiple things Xbox Music is missing that are a lot more important, I doubt this will happen any time soon.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
The Share option (in WP8 at least) does not seem to include Facebook...

While in the Xbox Music App listening to music, tap the 3 dots, tap share, tap social networks and it will bring up a "Post a link" screen that will allow you to post to whatever social networks you have connected to with your phone. These should be the same as the options you for "Post an Update" in the Me tile.

HyperChrisX

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
While in the Xbox Music App listening to music, tap the 3 dots, tap share, tap social networks and it will bring up a "Post a link" screen that will allow you to post to whatever social networks you have connected to with your phone. These should be the same as the options you for "Post an Update" in the Me tile.

Thanks for the reply, but there is no 'social networks' option in that list on my phone.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I have both Facebook and Twitter added there.

I looked at your profile and saw you have the 8x. I highly doubt it is a Nokia option but it is the only thing I can think of. Maybe your 8x has a slightly older version of WP8?

I certainly didn't do anything to enable this option on my phone.

HyperChrisX

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I looked at your profile and saw you have the 8x. I highly doubt it is a Nokia option but it is the only thing I can think of. Maybe your 8x has a slightly older version of WP8?

I certainly didn't do anything to enable this option on my phone.

It may be an issue as I got a replacement 8X a while back. I may try removing the accounts and adding them back as well.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
It may be an issue as I got a replacement 8X a while back. I may try removing the accounts and adding them back as well.

You could try deleting and re-adding. I dn't think it would have to do with it being a replacement. It would be nice if someone with a different non-Nokia phone and a different Nokia phone looked to see if they have the option I do.

HyperChrisX

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
You could try deleting and re-adding. I dn't think it would have to do with it being a replacement. It would be nice if someone with a different non-Nokia phone and a different Nokia phone looked to see if they have the option I do.

Just checked my Dad's 8X which does not have the option either. Re-adding didn't change it either.

Hejselbaek

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

The social sharing option currently only appears when you are listening to music from the store (streaming). Go to the Xbox Music store on your Windows Phone, find a song, press play. Then pull up the options ... share. It now gives you the social option too. Won't work with your local music collection yet. Streaming music from the store requires an Xbox Music Pass. I am sure there will be further sharing improvements coming..

Regards.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven