Help with Xbox music pass

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I used my desktop to sign up for a free trial for xbox music pass. I followed the directions (I think) to get my wp8 phone added as a device but I can't get it to work. According to xbox.com, I need to sign on my account using my phone. Go to accounts then manage music devices. Then what? It says to listen to xbox music and the device you use will appear here. I click on a song and listen, but my device isn't listed. grrr. lol

What am I doing wrong?

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
It may not be an instantaneous addition. Not really sure. I already had a full subscription before I got my WP8 and it just worked.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
THanks for the reply. I ended up contacting support via chat and they walked me threw it. I think rebooting my phone got it working (unless they did something behind the scenes on my account.)

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
THanks for the reply. I ended up contacting support via chat and they walked me threw it. I think rebooting my phone got it working (unless they did something behind the scenes on my account.)
Thank YOU! Spent the last 1/2 hour trying to figure out why I couldn't download content on my phone after setting up a trial subscription on my desktop. Rebooted the phone after reading this, and walla! Thanks again!

Geez, they sure don't make using the "ecosystem" easy. I had a great idea to finally get set up with Xbox pass and figured I'd give the trial a whirl. I've got a WP8, W8 desktop and tablet, and so can get all my music in sync and available wherever and whenever I want, right? Managing it at any devices manages if for all. But gosh darn it isn't very intuitive how to find music, download it, make sure everything is syncing to the cloud, etc. Doesn't look like managing existing music that I own will be a treat either. It will probably be just grand after spending hours to figure it out, but there are times I wish things were as easy as if I were part of the iSheep herd.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit