Microsoft account question.

redsox2416

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

My mother just purchased the new 928 and i had set everything up for her. I setup the phone with her microsoft account (she has windows 8 and everything set up in her calendar, so i thought that's what i should do). The only problem is that prior to her new purchase we both had WP7 devices. We were both able to use my Zune pass that was tied to my account. My question now is that will i be able to reset her phone and sign in with my microsoft account and be able to have all of her calendars, contacts, etc.. still in tact? Will i also in the future be able to tie my microsoft account to my phone as well?

Thanks for any help you have to offer.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
One Microsoft Account can be tied to multiple phones afaik. If you're both using your account for zune pass, it would probably be best if you reset her phone and set up the primary MS account on it as yours, the one you've been sharing. What she can do is then uncheck everything on her device so she won't sync your contacts, email, and calendar data, and THEN add her Microsoft account to her 928 and have it sync all that stuff instead. The primary Microsoft Account for the device really doesn't have to be used for calendars, contacts, etc... it's only hard linked to store purchases, xbox gamertag, and zune pass - everything else can be changed using another account on the phone.

I've read several accounts of married couples sharing one music pass and having one main account for both phones, and they still had separate contacts and calendars and email.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss