xbox music+videos live tile

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
the music+video tile updates on WP8 for music that you play directly from your device. but when playing music from apps like Pandora or nokia music, it does not. I know that the tiles for these apps update, but I also noticed that the image from whatever song you are playing also shows up under "Collection" when you open music+video.

I am thinking there should be an easy way to get that image synced up with the live tile for the app?

it seems the image updates inside of music+video for ANY music that you play on your phone, it would just be a matter of forwarding that image to the live tile?

anyways, I suggested this feature
show artist artwork from other music apps on music+videos tile

In Limbo

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
While we're on this subject, can I bring up how much better the Zune live tile was with WP7? That ugly green tile drives me nuts. What were they thinking? With Zune, it continually displayed the last played artist. It was eye candy. Now all I see is this hardly active live tile that only has life when you play music. Last time I checked, most people aren't continually looking at the start screen when they listen to music. Just bring it back Microsoft. A slight gripe to most, I know, but I love seeing images on my start screen. Who wants to see a bloody pair of headphones all day?

Btw, I know I'm totally over emotional. I just have strong opinions that I like to vent.
***Exhales***
I feel better :)

Last edited:

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
It baffles me that they totally scrapped everything with Zune when it was mostly solid. Then they start from scratch and STILL don't have it up to what Zune was feature-wise. And the worst part of it all, the icon on Xbox 360 and other places for Xbox music/video is still the Zune logo. Its like they just cleared out everything that Zune did, but forgot to change everything over to its new "Xbox music" title.

ivanflo

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
This has bugged the crap out of me For so long.. My HTC HD7 has the live tile for Zune, that app overall was much better looking. It also had artist pictures in the background of the app, so silly of MS to get rid of those features. I use to have the Zune tile as the biggest now its a tiny square because the icon sucks

I was a launch buyer of the 920 and have a xbox(Zune) pass,(30gb Zune, which is amazing) I reset my phone a couple times when I first got, restarted it, tried updating and contacted support, because I thought the app was stuffed.

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_218 using Tapatalk

anon(5339784)

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
While we're on this subject, can I bring up how much better the Zune live tile was with WP7? That ugly green tile drives me nuts. What were they thinking? With Zune, it continually displayed the last played artist. It was eye candy. Now all I see is this hardly active live tile that only has life when you play music. Last time I checked, most people aren't continually looking at the start screen when they listen to music. Just bring it back Microsoft. A slight gripe to most, I know, but I love seeing images on my start screen. Who wants to see a bloody pair of headphones all day?

Btw, I know I'm totally over emotional. I just have strong opinions that I like to vent.
***Exhales***
I feel better :)

I just got a WP8 after my old WP7, and this is driving me nuts. I used to love to put a nice artist image and have it nicen up my start screen, even after listening to music I would quickly play a song from an artist that looks good on the tile, and then paus and stopthemusic! it, just to have a nice looking tile. And now there's that fugly green sht. I googled to find a solution and instead found more people who have that problem. And what has Microsoft done about it in Update 1, Update 2 or Update 3? Exactly, like with every fkcing problem with their operating system: Nothing. God am I glad I only bought a cheap one because my old one broke, I would be furious if I had bought an expensive phone and had to be stuck with it. They addeed what? FM radio? In Update 2 they didn't even fix the other storage issue. In Update 3, what have they brought us? Nothing. All the time it's excuses "because working on 8.1 blablabla...before that it was "working on WP8", before that it was "working on Mango"... it's been 3 whole years where nothing they have done was what the users needed and wanted to make it a usable and good system, instead it has been a construction site for 3 fcking years. And I doubt that they'll be done with it after 8.1 in the spring, then it'll be "working on unification with RT"...so it will be at least 4 years of a botched and half-usable OS, while they work on their magical grand strategy and let people who were stupid enough to buy their product suffer, instead of working on making it perfect and ironing out all the kinks that are, we all know it, really just minor issues that could be easily fixed. The Top 100 things that need to be fixed wouldn't even take a team of programmers 1 year to fix. They could've put them up to the task when they released what they knew was a broken and unfinished WP8, and they would be done by now. But no, their investment is so minimal, it's ridiculous. It's like the products of a small time company, and not the biggest fcking software company in the world, that is also the richest and has been in business for 30 years. This is so ridiculous, having to wait for fly-**** like FM radio, seperate volume control for ringing and everything else, artist background on a tile AS IT ALREADY EXISTED, and a million other ridiculously small things that already existed on feature phones in 2006.

In Limbo

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Hahaha . . . and I thought I went on a rant. Cool down man ;)

I agree with you on most of those points. While I think that WP8 is awesome, I'm willing to admit that it is primarily that absence those simple features that really baffle me. It's really laughable in a way. I'm just trying to hang on and be patient. As with many of my fellow WP fans, I've invested myself into the Windows Ecosystem. I have no plans of starting over. So this is the path I'm sticking with.

As for that tile issue, I couldn't help but "lol" at the thought that someone else immediately felt my pain. Cheers buddy. Maybe we'll get it back one of these days.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs