Who loves Xbox Music (and why)?

Ted Ritsick

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Personally I love Xbox Music for my Lumia and Surface Pro. Everything is very smooth and I love how everything syncs with the pass. One thing Microsoft needs to do is sync the phone playlists and downloaded songs into the Xbox Music library. You would think that's a no brainer. For my gaming desktop, with only mouse and keyboard, it is pretty clunky. It doesn't bother me since I rarely use it, but a revamped desktop interface would be nice.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
One of the biggest fears I have had about WP8 is the complaints about XBOX music as compared to Zune. I truly appreciate this thread.

Plus that, I just feel this is one area MS will get right. Music, gaming, and cameras are HUGE selling points on mobile devices. If Microsoft wants to build a complete ecosytem, they need to get the 2 out of the 3 of those they control right.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Simple... Tap search button on phone... Tap microphone... Bing search finds the song playing on the radio... Tap marketplace link... Download song... Play song again... Good stuff!

jabels57

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Had my phone for a week (L920) and was worried about xbox music after all the negative things I'd read. But I'm so glad i ignored all the bad press, its just simple. Can't wait for Microsoft to improve the service and sort out the issues people are having with it.

thzman

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Music, Spotify, and the others don't let you download the music for offline use and also, you can't generally download a whole album.

I have to say you're wrong there. With Spotify Premium you can download all the music you want to your phone and play it offline. Want to download an album? Add it as a new playlist and flip the "Download" switch and it will download by Wi-Fi or by your cell network depending on your settings in the app. But of course it only lasts as long as you have a subscription.

Sent by airwaves using Tapatalk 2.

In Limbo

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I just want to thank everyone for contributing to this thread in a way that incites an actual discussion. I'm probably gonna come up with some other Xbox Music topics that I find have been overlooked (or just skimmed).

Keep the comments going though! I love hearing what others like about WP. We need to get people thinking about the selling points of WP and I believe that Xbox Music will get much more support and improvements in the near future.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
While Zune is still my love, the 8.1 beta update makes Xbox Music more streamlined, faster and it's a lot more useful friendly. It's not perfect but it's insanely better than what shipped with Windows 8.

In Limbo

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
While Zune is still my love, the 8.1 beta update makes Xbox Music more streamlined, faster and it's a lot more useful friendly. It's not perfect but it's insanely better than what shipped with Windows 8.

I actually have not had the chance to install it yet, although I've heard nothing but good things. Is it really just the UI that's been updated?

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

I agree, the newly updated Xbox Music app is a huge improvement. I've used it a lot just for playing music, etc. However my favorite part about Zune was how powerful a tool it was for organizing your music. Its hard to compare to something that awesome. It was a very robust application which I still use on my home desktop and to organize my digital music files.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb