Who loves Xbox Music (and why)?

In Limbo

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I know it's not Zune, but I think it still rocks. The Music Pass is about as good as it gets and the cloud makes it even better being able to tap into your collection on any device. The new browser-based version definitely has me sold now.
More than anything, it's a true musical discovery tool. I love looking up new artists on demand -- then I just buy their CD(s) when I find an album I like.
Anyone else love Xbox Music? Feel free to express what you don't like so much, but please, keep it positive here -- for the love of Music :)

KrightonX

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I still just download the music/songs I like. I'm not really sure why people pay for stuff like this. I must be lacking that portion of my brain.

Graven Pshya

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I love it. On average I use to spend $30 a month on iTunes. When I switched to Zune Pass it was amazing. Now that it is Xbox Music, the cloud storage is great for me to get my library without having to download the songs on my phone.

I like being able to just download album after album without worrying and looking up songs with Bing Search and downloading it (again, not having to worry about the $.99 or $1.29 per track) :)

Tafkas373

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Here in Germany I'll never get what was so great about Zune. But I love XBox Music Pass. And how XBox Music handles the subscription. It's easy and awesome.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I'm pretty happy with it. I can reset my phone and it an while, most of my music from my computer (8000+ songs) are back on my phone. Not all, because of course, xbox doesn't have all my songs in their library. But the majority. And I can almost always download a song/album I like when I hear it. If I don't like it, I can delete it. No spending $10 for a CD that stinks, except for one song. Of course, to get the most from Xbox Music, you need to be using Windows 8 on your computer.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
There's way too many free music option to justify paying 120$ a year you have Pandora,I heart radio,Nokia music (which there subscription is 4.99$ a moth),metro radio and on mp3 part of metro radio I pick song I want and bam there it is for freeeeee. No difference in sound quality either so why pay When music is just as good free as it is on Xbox music maybe if the can bundle in with Xbox live that wood be awesome!!

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
And my other question if normally Xbox live a month is 10$ I can find on eBay 12 month cards for about 40$ why can't I find a package deal like that for Xbox music its 120$ maybe a few buck of here n there but still on average 10$ a month too pricey

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
There's way too many free music option to justify paying 120$ a year you have Pandora,I heart radio,Nokia music (which there subscription is 4.99$ a moth),metro radio and on mp3 part of metro radio I pick song I want and bam there it is for freeeeee. No difference in sound quality either so why pay When music is just as good free as it is on Xbox music maybe if the can bundle in with Xbox live that wood be awesome!!
I have yet to see a free music service that allows me to download a song, let alone download an unlimited number of songs from a vast library.

In Limbo

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I still just download the music/songs I like. I'm not really sure why people pay for stuff like this. I must be lacking that portion of my brain.

Can I ask you a genuine question? When you say that you "download the music/songs you like", do you actually obtain it legally?
The reason people pay for "stuff like this" is to support the artists who make the music they love. They respect the hours, days, week, months, and YEARS of work that the artist puts into a single 55-minute album. Unfortunately though, many people claim to love music, yet they don't support it. In my opinion, Xbox Music makes it the easiest. Granted, it may not be the best way to support your artist, but that's one reason I purchase CD's regularly. I feel that -- at the very least -- people should use services like Xbox Music to obtain songs not only legally, but to truly show there appreciation for the aural blessing that is Music. Illegally downloading songs is not only . . . well . . . illegal, but it's just so wrong in sense of integrity and dignity.

At the end of the day, to get unlimited downloads, which is $9.99, is more than reasonable -- especially for a music lover on a budget like myself.

In Limbo

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Thank you mate. This is what I think most people don't quite understand about the service. You can download 99% of the content in the vast library that is Xbox Music. It may not be as large as iTunes, but it's more than enough to be competition. What's more, it is a first-party service that is neat and organized.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Thank you mate. This is what I think most people don't quite understand about the service. You can download 99% of the content in the vast library that is Xbox Music. It may not be as large as iTunes, but it's more than enough to be competition. What's more, it is a first-party service that is neat and organized.

Xbox is subscription music. If you download something with ITunes, you have to buy it, although I think they are supposed to becoming out with a subscription service. Nokia Music, Spotify, and the others don't let you download the music for offline use and also, you can't generally download a whole album. On Tuesdays, when albums come out, you can go to Xbox and download or listen to the latest music. For the price and features, it's a pretty nice service, even though it may not be as good as the old Zune software.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
For $100 a year, I have unlimited, easy to access, easy to manage, downloadable, stream wherever/whenever 100% legal music. I love it, and that's why I've been a subscriber since it first came out as Zune Pass! ITS EASY!

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I have yet to see a free music service that allows me to download a song, let alone download an unlimited number of songs from a vast library.
my question is once you download from xbm is the music yours to keep and aside of the $10.00 a month you pay do you have to pay for the song too?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
my question is once you download from xbm is the music yours to keep and aside of the $10.00 a month you pay do you have to pay for the song too?

Its drm'ed. As long as my subscription is active, my music plays (online or offline) on my Zune, Phone, computers, tablets, Xbox.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
And if you have Windows 8 devices, (computer or tablet), all you music is synced. If you add Xbox music to your phone (either stream or download), it will be on your other Windows 8 devices. If you listen to music a lot, it's a great deal. And with the demise of rapidshare and others, it's much easier than illegal downloads, lol.

bguy_1986

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I like the idea of it and what it's supposed to do... unfortunately there are many things I don't like. Like it duplicating my music, not syncing songs (some that I even purchased from MS!), and no song rating just to name a few. I was excited about it at first (Mostly why I switch to Windows 8 at the beginning), but once I started using it I regretted switching.

In Limbo

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I can only imagine how awesome the Music app is on Surface. I like using the one on my desktop, but anyone can tell that it's an interface that is supposed to be touched. Maybe this fall I'm finally get that tablet.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I can only imagine how awesome the Music app is on Surface. I like using the one on my desktop, but anyone can tell that it's an interface that is supposed to be touched. Maybe this fall I'm finally get that tablet.

It looks quite nice on the Surface, but the performance isn't nearly that of the PC. (assuming you are talking ARM/RT) It's much slower, hopefully some updates will speed that up! (each update seems to make it faster and faster)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss