Empty Playlist and 4 Devices

TrampCorpse

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I basically have 1 question and 1 problem i need help with.

Question first. I currently have a WP8, Surface, W8 laptop and PC and an Xbox. So 5 devices and Xbox Music has a 4 device maximum. My question though is this: Does that only count towards devices that are downloading tracks for off-line play? I currently have all 5 playing music ok, with only 3 showing under Accounts>Manage Music Devices. But i only really use my phone to download tracks, the rest stream.

Problem next. I Have a playlist on my Phone with no songs and i can't delete it. It doesn't show up on any of the other devices so i presume it's not on the cloud. Checked for it when syncing my phone with the WP8 app and it says i have no playlists. I tried deleting it on the phone no joy either. Any ideas how to delete this?

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I basically have 1 question and 1 problem i need help with.

Question first. I currently have a WP8, Surface, W8 laptop and PC and an Xbox. So 5 devices and Xbox Music has a 4 device maximum. My question though is this: Does that only count towards devices that are downloading tracks for off-line play? I currently have all 5 playing music ok, with only 3 showing under Accounts>Manage Music Devices. But i only really use my phone to download tracks, the rest stream.

Problem next. I Have a playlist on my Phone with no songs and i can't delete it. It doesn't show up on any of the other devices so i presume it's not on the cloud. Checked for it when syncing my phone with the WP8 app and it says i have no playlists. I tried deleting it on the phone no joy either. Any ideas how to delete this?
I dont think the Xbox counts. Is the playlist on the other devices with songs? Sounds like its syncing it but since none of the songs are on your phone, so it doesn't display. Try shutting off the Xbox music sync settings

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I have my Zune/Music Pass on my Xbox, on a WP8 and a WP7 device a Zune W7 PC and a ZuneHD, they are my 4 devices that show up. I can still stream music from the Music app on a Surface Tablet and my XBox 360. It won't let me download on my Surface but I'm not sure if I've tried to download at all on my XBox.

As for your playlist, can you open the music app on your phone, go to your collection and swipe over to playlists? Once there just long press on the playlist you want to get ride of and an option to delete should show up. I have a few empty playlists on my phone that came from making a video playlist on my XBox. I can delete it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon