Which do people think is better?

I have Spotify and its pretty good a little late with some music but available on most devices where Xbox Music isn't available on iOS yet

http://www.flickr.com/x/t/0097009/ph...7634557393441/
    07-21-2013 11:12 AM
    I think Xbox Music is better. Its on all my W8 devices, has a catalogue of over 30mil songs and the subscription is great. The best part of all is the cool photos and graphics that are displayed whole playing of my Xbox and PC. Love playing it when I have friends and family over. They always ask what is it and say its beautiful l.

Ps. There isn't a metro iTunes either.
    07-21-2013 11:29 AM
    I've been using Rdio as Spotify doesn't support iTunes billing, is the catalog on Xbox Music really good?. I have a Windows 8 PC and apparently I can start a free trial of the Music Pass.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2
    07-21-2013 01:53 PM
    I'm also thinking about those two. Both tried with the free trial and both have cons and pros.

Xbox Music
    Pros:
    -Looking beautiful; with the artist on the background, Live Tile, etc.
    -Easy access to bios and more
    -In Windows Phone: Besides the songs from Xbox Music, you can access your own Music Library (for sings that aren't in Xbox Music)
    Cons:
    -Only on 'Microsoft Devices' (Windows 8, Windows Phone and Xbox)
    -BONUS: Don't even has the Despicable Me 2 Soundtrack (here in the Netherlands tho, but Spotify does) xD

Spotify
    Pros:
    -Social share (Last.fm and Facebook)
    -Big library of songs
    -On more devices than just 'Microsoft Devices'
    Cons:
    -On Windows Phone: Can't access personal Music Library
    -No Metro app for Windows 8
    07-21-2013 02:05 PM

Spotify
    Pros:
    -Social share (Last.fm and Facebook)
    -Big library of songs
    -On more devices than just 'Microsoft Devices'
    Cons:
    -On Windows Phone: Can't access personal Music Library
    -No Metro app for Windows 8
    Pros: Has a great radio function (I don't know about Xbox music, might have it too?)
    Cons: No radio function in the Windows Phone app... and the app isn't very comfortable in general.

I decided to go for Spotify because my provider offers the subscription with all streaming data included. I'm quite satisfied with the library, I miss some Swiss artists available on Xbox. I didn't test it the other way around. The desktop and web apps functional and doing their jobs. I don't use Windows 8 apps, so I don't care about it not being there.

Maybe the upcoming Nexus 7 will help me with the terrible app on Windows Phone ;-)
    07-21-2013 03:54 PM
    Hmm so Xbox Music has to catch up on the song library and Spotify needs to become a bit more beautiful

07-21-2013 04:02 PM
    Does spotify have offline music like Xbox music? I am content with Xbox Music.
    07-21-2013 04:09 PM
    Does spotify have offline music like Xbox music? I am content with Xbox Music.
    Yes it does with a choice of what quality, unsure if Xbox music has this feature.. It also has a Web app so you play it anywhere without downloading it

07-21-2013 04:10 PM
    Hmm so Xbox Music has to catch up on the song library and Spotify needs to become a bit more beautiful
    The Spotify app gives you the possibility to sync playlists, to search for music, setting a queue, download files and to play the music. And that's it. The app feels slow to me and is even worse in usability than the native music player on Windows Phone.

It's functional, but the missing radio is really a letdown. Also there are no "Discover" or "Local files" functions that are available on other platforms.

I don't really know or care about the social functions that Spotify provides, as I really prefer real social interactions and avoid Facebook, Twitter and the like.
    07-21-2013 04:11 PM
    The Spotify app gives you the possibility to sync playlists, to search for music, setting a queue, download files and to play the music. And that's it. The app feels slow to me and is even worse in usability than the native music player on Windows Phone.

It's functional, but the missing radio is really a letdown. Also there's no "Discover" or "Local files" function available on other platforms.

I don't really know or care about the social functions that Spotify provides, as I really prefer real social interactions and avoid Facebook, Twitter and the like.
    So basically if it had the functions the other platforms did and live tiles it would be better.. So if they update it to be like this people would chose it over Xbox Music

Can you get Spotify on Xbox?

07-21-2013 04:13 PM
    So basically if it had the functions the other platforms did and live tiles it would be better.. So if they update it to be like this people would chose it over Xbox Music
    It shows the cover of the current album on the live tile (back side, front side stays the disgusting green color of the app). I don't really have the comparison to XBox music, those are just my experiences with Spotify :-)
    07-21-2013 04:18 PM
    What app are y'all using just search online besides being on all devices Spotify is worse. Xbox music has radio, online streaming, better artwork, more songs 30 million in the us almost 5 million more than next competitor not saying Spotify isn't decent but Xbox music on wibdows devices is supreme
    07-21-2013 04:49 PM
    As a former user of Spotify on my HTC One X, and a current user on my PC and Lumia 521, Spotify is GARBAGE on Windows Phone.

There is no radio
    There is no way to load or find local files.
    It is buggy; Everytime I load it it says "The spotify app was started with unknown options..."
    It is slow as hell
    It's the ONE huge thing I miss from Android.
    I will still be keeping my Spotify subscription because I have a ton of friends on it whom I share music and playlists with. If it were not for this, I'd bounce. However, they REALLY need to work on this app.

At least:

A) Allow us to save the songs to the Microsd card.
    B) Not be so damn slow and clunky.

And neither the OS nor the phone can be blamed. Pandora works like a DREAM WP8.
    07-23-2013 06:52 PM