Using Xbox Music bought on WP 7.8 and using it on WP8???

schemp98

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully this is the right forum....

I recently upgraded my Lumia 900 to the Lumia 1020, I'm liking the upgrade so far, but for some reason I cannot transfer the most of the songs that I bought with my Xbox Music Subscription to my 1020!

I removed my Lumia 900 from the devices in the Xbox Music Account, and have tried using the Windows Phone 8 desktop app, Windows Media Player, and Windows Explorer to transfer my playlists and albums, none have worked to my satisfaction.... I can get a few (~30 out of 500) songs onto my Lumia 1020, and about 80% of those actually play (the rest just say that it's looking for the license...). I do not have any issues getting new music directly on my Lumia 1020, but would REALLY like to avoid redownloading everything.

Anyone have any tips on how to fix this issue.

BTW, I am using a WIndows 8 desktop....

Thanks!
Shaun

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Have you checked out this thread? That might help with music issues. If it does not help, then please let us know, and hopefully someone will have further information to assist you.

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
This is the actual thread you need.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/xbox-music/207806-we-unable-confirm-media-usage-rights-content.html

It has to do with moving DRM content from Zune to Xbox music. I went from HTC Trophy to Lumia 928. Same deal for anyone going from wp7 to wp8.
Just a heads up... Nothing will work short of buying all of the music that won't play or downloading all of it from the phone through Xbox music.

MS really screwed up with Xbox Music. It's the worst media management system out there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb