Podcast Volume

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I've been listening to a podcast and one time, when it was hard to hear, I turned it up and it continued to be hard to hear. I put it up to 30 and still could not hear it. I just assumed it was a bad podcast. Today, I was listening to it again and I noticed the volume does nothing when listening to a podcast. I currently have it on 0 and it's just as loud as it has been on 30. Have other people noticed this? I have a Lumia 920 on AT&T (so, on GDR1).

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I have a 920 on GDR1, I just checked it with the Paul Thurrott Window's Weekly podcast. I was able to lower and raise the volume with no problem. This is the only podcast I listen to so I couldn't try or compare it to another podcast. Though you aren't the first person to bring up volume issues.

western_riders_dad

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Nokia 928 for a couple of weeks and notice this issue. I think it only occurs with podcasts I've downloaded to the device, and occurs if I'm listening via Bluetooth or the phone speaker. It may not be as noticeable via a wired headset, though. In comparison, if I stream podcasts from the XBox music store the volume during playback is significantly louder. Restarting the device does not change this behavior.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
my observations is this. the volume control doesn't not work while the podcast is playing. you can adjust volume during songs but not podcasts.

so the band-aid fix is to stop playback of the podcast, adjust the volume, then resume playback.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss