Trial Glitch Still Occuring?

CDiS99

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I know many people reported a glitch after their trial ended and they upgraded to a monthly/yearly payment method.

Has anyone experienced this glitch recently, or has Microsoft fixed the issue? I want to try XBox Music, and the 30 day trial is obviously a great way to do that, but I don't want to run into problems if I do decide to continue using the service after the trial period ends.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Just what exactly is the glitch you are referring to? Is it something to do with the trial subscription? Or a problem with using Xbox music itself? Thanks.

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I just started a trial and my cloud, isn't being a cloud. When I download songs on my phone, they are not being downloaded to my PC...

Anyone?

CDiS99

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Well when you download a song on your phone locally, it will not be downloaded on your PC as well.

The cloud music will be available to all devices (well, up to 5) connected to the MSFT account with the Music Pass. Playing music from the cloud is streaming. WHen you download songs locally to a specific device (in this case, your phone), they will not in turn be downloaded on your PC, tablet, what have you.

With that in mind, the only device I could see wanting to download locally to is your phone to avoid data usage.

Also, to get back to my question... Has anyone experienced an issue with switching to a paid pass after the expiration of the trial?

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Then what is the point of the option on my PC's XBM saying to download songs when I download them on other devices?

Also, to answer your question, I will let you know in a few days. I am on the trial but plan on keeping it, I have missed it.

CDiS99

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
That option is there and works, presumably, when you have a subscription to the Music Pass.

And thanks CJ, let me know.

EDIT: Also, keep us (or, just me :)) updated on how you're liking the service. Any shortcomings, positives, etc.

Last edited:

Moodib

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Thought I would chime in here and say that the problem is still occurring. At first I was getting a message about media rights not being confirmed. Talked to Xbox Music Support and they reset something on their end and now I'm getting a message that says we can't play this right now, try again in a little while.

The support said to try one of two things. Wait a few days and keep trying over Wifi or to do a hard reset and it should work after that. I'm going to wait a few days personally, and then I guess go the hard reset route. They are quite aware of the problem he did say and are working on a fix. Basically, he said that it is an issue with the DRM on the phone not switching automatically from DRM trial to DRM full subscription.

CDiS99

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your response, Moodib.

We'll see what CJ says, but that is the glitch I was talking about.

I guess the best thing to do is fork over the 10 bucks for a month and try it out that way. I really do not want to run into those issues/be forced to do a hard reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786