Cannot restore Music after Phone Reset

pmich

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I recently had to send in my phone for repair and had it reset back to factory reset. I've managed to restore all my apps back and i copied back all my photos and videos but i'm having a lot of trouble getting my music (from my music pass subscription) back on.

It says it cannot copy each file because "the file is protected with a digital license. The key to open this license may not reside on this computer....etc."

I'm trying to copy directly from my windows computer to the windows phone via USB. I'm not sure why it's not letting me. The phone has my xbox music pass activated since it has my "cloud music" already there. Anyone know how to get the licenses activated or another way to transfer the music pass music back on the device?

Thanks.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I recently had to send in my phone for repair and had it reset back to factory reset. I've managed to restore all my apps back and i copied back all my photos and videos but i'm having a lot of trouble getting my music (from my music pass subscription) back on.

It says it cannot copy each file because "the file is protected with a digital license. The key to open this license may not reside on this computer....etc."

I'm trying to copy directly from my windows computer to the windows phone via USB. I'm not sure why it's not letting me. The phone has my xbox music pass activated since it has my "cloud music" already there. Anyone know how to get the licenses activated or another way to transfer the music pass music back on the device?

Thanks.

Have you tried using the Windows phone app to sync the music back to the phone?

pmich

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Thank you both of you. The link provided says "If you move songs protected with digital rights management (DRM) to your phone using Windows Explorer or Windows Media Player, then you won't be able to listen to them. You'll need to use one of the Windows Phone apps instead."

I tried it with the app and it's working now. Unfortunately it's a bit cumbersome having to select which albums and tracks i had on there previously (rather just just drag and dropping the folder) but at least it's working now and took about 30 minutes. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion