Bug with purchased music not directly playable on the music.xbox.com website

weetigo

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I found a bug earlier this summer where songs you purchase in Xbox Music, for example, to play the non-DRM MPA version on your mac, android or ios device, would not play on the music.xbox.com site. After contacting support and getting it elevated to a higher tier of support I received the following reply:

"Hello Frederick,

Further research into the issue has shown us that not all content currently works through the cloud features through the Xbox Music website. Basically, any music that will not add to the cloud will or is not available for purchase through the Xbox Music marketplace will not be available on the website.

Also, more relevant to your issue specifically, some content is not setup to work even when matched to the cloud collection and some content will not be available though the website even if it is in your cloud collection.

There will be updates to the Xbox Music site and it is a recent addition to the Xbox Music options so at this time, we will need to wait for further updates to the system before more content is available and it works more smoothly with the cloud collection content.

If you have further questions at this time, please let us know.

Regards,
Chloe B.
Microsoft Support"

I tested this again today and the bug is still there. I had hoped they'd implement the changes along with GDR2 but that doesn't seem to be the case.

The bug is interesting though, in that you can play the song before, and it will advance to the next song and play it, but you cannot directly select a track, nor advance to the next track manually.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Please let us know if you find out more information or if it gets fixed.

It sounds like they are planning to fix it, based on the email you received.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss