XBox Music - adding a song that isn't in their catalog

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Im not sure if this is possible or not, i have an MP3 that is not in xbox music catalog. It is an original piano piece by some guy.

So i am curious to know if this can be added to cloud so that my other devices will have it in the cloud for streaming or download.

For example, i have it on my laptop, i want to add to the cloud so that my surface RT and my windows phone can play the song without having to add to each device individually. Also if it is in the cloud, i can make a playlist that will have songs it in, if i make a playlist with songs on my laptop that is not on xbox music, the playlist will show on other devices with no songs .

Simply, add an mp3 into the cloud so that i can stream on other devices withotu having to add to each individually.

I've tried to do the add to as instructed, but it requires me to choose an album or song in an album, so i tried that to test out and it replaces a song on the catalog, but wont on other devices .

Again, not sure if this is possible, wondering if it can be done. Woul dmake it easier so that i can essentially access original songs across devices when xbox music doesnt have .

Thanks

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
In my experience there's no way to do it but that's from me never noticing an "Add to Cloud" option. Someone with more experience may be able to prove me wrong.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Ya. Its called "add to" than option is music to cloud, play now ,etc.

Try adding to music to cloud but doesn't seem to get it to other devices

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720