Okay, need a straight answer on XBOX Music problems....

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I am looking excitedly to 8.1 for WP. I think this is the OS update which gets WP on equal footing with other OS's and starts showing the ecosystem advantages MS is building. I just believe. Until then, WP has a great service that is less then great in execution. The best thing about MS is they are patient and rarely give up on a vision. The worst part about MS is that they will not overspend on an intial offering, meaning they have learned from past mistakes. They have way too much invested to dump XBOX Music, but will not just throw money at it. So that leaves us users kinda in this limbo where our service is substandard while they streamline things.

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I am looking excitedly to 8.1 for WP. I think this is the OS update which gets WP on equal footing with other OS's and starts showing the ecosystem advantages MS is building. I just believe. Until then, WP has a great service that is less then great in execution. The best thing about MS is they are patient and rarely give up on a vision. The worst part about MS is that they will not overspend on an intial offering, meaning they have learned from past mistakes. They have way too much invested to dump XBOX Music, but will not just throw money at it. So that leaves us users kinda in this limbo where our service is substandard while they streamline things.

It also leaves us stranded while they haul it out for iPhone and Android. I hope the experience is better on those platforms, just for the credibility sake of WP.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
It also leaves us stranded while they haul it out for iPhone and Android. I hope the experience is better on those platforms, just for the credibility sake of WP.

XBOX Music will be a strickly streaming service to begin with on iOS and Android. So the more complicated portions of the cloud based system will not be available to them. Also, if you have a XBOX music pass and use one of those 2 OS's, it will not count against your devices on the pass as it is only streaming.

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
XBOX Music will be a strickly streaming service to begin with on iOS and Android. So the more complicated portions of the cloud based system will not be available to them. Also, if you have a XBOX music pass and use one of those 2 OS's, it will not count against your devices on the pass as it is only streaming.

Good to know. I guess my wife and son can use it on their iPhone and Droid. :cool:

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Just to torture myself, I guess, I spent a few hours trying to get Zune software/Zune HD, Windows 8 and WP8 (L928) to sync to one music collection.

Short answer - no.

I pointed Zune software to the \users\*me*\music collection folder and it sees purchased content just fine, but any subscription music from XBM it doesn't even acknowledge. Which launches me into my next rage with XBM. Songs and albums I've downloaded via the phone don't sync up to my PC. The only way to do it is to go to the phone in the XBM desktop app and click the box next to every. single. song. one. at. a. time! Then click 'sync'. WTH!!! How have we devolved this far?

This is how I feel every time I try to do anything with Xbox Music....

"YOU MANIACS!... YOU BLEW IT UP!... AH,..."

Planetapesliberty.jpg

tallarob

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Got a simple X-Box Music question. How do I play my songs in a shuffle mode? It seems like I did this in the past, but now when I go to "Music >Songs" and play a song, it progresses alphabetically though my list of songs. I know there is a way to do this, but for some reason I cannot find it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett