I finally got around to checking out the new updated xbox music. After playing around, importing playlists, uploading and matching songs to my computer and cloud, I have to say I am impressed. When windows 8 came out I was disappointed with xbox music, but now I might finally be able to ditch iTunes. The only thing that is holding me back is that there are 500 or so songs in my collection that the artist/song information didn't copy right to iTunes. Is there an app or program that will fix this?
    11-06-2013 02:58 PM
    I wonder if the reason those songs didn't copy properly is because they aren't available in the Xbox Music Store so Xbox Music can't "find" them and match them. Have you checked to see if that is the case?
    11-06-2013 09:45 PM
    That is, and also I used Tuneup to repair songs in iTunes, but it doesn't actually change the actual tags (I suspect thats something to do with iTunes, to make it hard to switch) so all the tags that are wrong I have to go in and fix
    11-08-2013 11:40 AM
    I've been using MP3Tag for fixing tag information, but that doesn't necessarily mean Xbox Music will match those songs in the cloud either. So it will appear okay on your device, but until you try to match it to the cloud in Xbox Music, it may not be listenable elsewhere.
    11-13-2013 10:48 AM
    Heres the solution for anyone searching old threads. Music dloaded off xbox music can only be copied properly with the windows phones apps. So ima move all my music to my computer, delete off my phone, and re-add with windows phone apps. Turn off all cloud functions, because I have so much music not on the cloud it just makes a mess, wish I could upload everything I own to the cloud, but it does't work like that. When I get my new tablet, first thing ima do it turn on the cloud, and delete all the songs off of it, then manually add music with windows phone apps, and bam I should have the same library on my phone/tablet/computer. I'm going to add songs not on Xbox music to iTunes and sync with Windows phone desktop app, and keep my music downloaded off xbox music up to date on my phone a tablet by syncing with the win8 wp app. That's the best we got right now, its a pain but its doable
    11-20-2013 12:12 PM