XBox Music complaints

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
- no scrubbing control(not even in the iOS/Android apps)
- no repeat 1(even iOS Music & Google Play Music have this capability)

WTF MS you're missing basic features that I need. Especially the repeat 1 feature which CD players have had since 25 years ago...

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Mine has repeat one. It's a little circle to the bottom right of the album art. Click once for full repeat, a 2nd time and a little 1 will appear. No scrubbing though. You can hold down the arrow, but it gets progressively faster, so careful.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine has repeat one. It's a little circle to the bottom right of the album art. Click once for full repeat, a 2nd time and a little 1 will appear. No scrubbing though. You can hold down the arrow, but it gets progressively faster, so careful.

XBox Music on which platform? Windows 8.1 app doesn't have any such circle.

kevin2577

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Repeat on Xbox Music for Windows 8.1, in the now playing pane at the bottom click the ..., there are options for repeat and shuffle

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Another complaint - cloud collection music match won't work for songs that don't exist in MS' Xbox Music library. From Paul Thurott:

http://winsupersite.com/xbox-music/xbox-music-comes-age

Music Match. Xbox Music lets you move your existing music collection—which you may have acquired by ripping audio CDs, purchasing digital music from other services, or other means—to your personal cloud collection. This functionality is called music match, and it works manually or automatically in Xbox Music for Windows 8/RT only. One issue is that Xbox Music can't upload your music if it doesn't exist in Xbox Music Store; I expect this feature to appear over time.

Chromeo_El_Lobo

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
As someone grandfathered in with the original Music Pass subscription, I could write a BOOK on issues I have with Xbox Music, but I'll keep it to just one.

Duplicate songs - This has been an issue since Windows Phone 8 first started, and it still happens every now and then. If XBM had the ability to remove duplicate or non-working songs like Zune, the world would be a better place.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes