How does the cloud work exactly?

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Just a quick question, I've never really used the cloud part of XBox Music. How does that work exactly? Is it matching the music I have in my local library to build cloud playlists that I can stream anywhere or is it actually copying my music in the cloud?

Thank you!

Chris Coyle

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
It will only match the music in the store. You have to pay $10 a month for your matched store music to show up on a phone.
Kinda useless because if you have Xbox music, and it only matches music in the store, why would you need your music in the cloud?

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
It will only match the music in the store. You have to pay $10 a month for your matched store music to show up on a phone.
Kinda useless because if you have Xbox music, and it only matches music in the store, why would you need your music in the cloud?

I think it's usefulness is the ability to stream your library from devices that don't have the files on there. This works even if you don't have a subscription. For instance, if i'm on my work PC I can open up the Xbox Music app on Windows 8.1 and listen to my songs (albeit with commercials) even though those songs aren't on that PC. Seems pretty useful to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss