are you kidding me? XBOX music prices

pedrodg28

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
So, well, i go on for my first time to the xbox music store, and i find this beatifull escene:
tX1S8mu.png

Are you ******* kidding me? 12 dollars for linkin parks numb!? and 15 for castle of glass!? oh lets look the prices in itunes:
0sqVPKd.png

With the price of 1 xbox music song i can buy more than 12 in itunes, ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME?, i hope xbox music fails.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonathanmr7

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Prices: are you ******* kidding me?

same here... i search a month ago music of papa roach and others and the prices are the same :s

nelsonecm

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

Check if your store is showing dollars or "pesos" because they show the same symbol, I'm sure of that because I used to have it in that currency, those songs are priced at $1.29

Jonathanmr7

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site

i?m from Costa Rica so no pesos here, only dollars or the money from my country (Colones) but its on dollars

pedrodg28

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site

Check if your store is showing dollars or "pesos" because they show the same symbol, I'm sure of that because I used to have it in that currency, those songs are priced at $1.29

I'm from the dominican republic, and if they were pesos, it should say 55 $, as the exchange rate in my country is 43 pesos per dollar.(1.29 x43) asides, in region i left my phone in usa so i can use bing music search

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

I bet your location has something to do with it. I'd say the location and currency settings are not playing nice together.

pedrodg28

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site

I bet your location has something to do with it. I'd say the location and currency settings are not playing nice together.

I don't really understand, here's my settings:
teSiKE2.png
Everything is configured to be USA(Estados Unidos = United States)(Espa?ol(mexico) = phone language).

ArthJar

May 26, 2013
Visit site

Your prices are in mexican pesos, silly.
You have to use "Espa?ol (estados unidos)" for it to work correctly, on dollars.

pedrodg28

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site

Your prices are in mexican pesos, silly.
You have to use "Espa?ol (estados unidos)" for it to work correctly, on dollars.
Under that logic, games would also have to be under mexican pesos, and they're not, take for example, final fantasy 3, which cost 16 dollars:
DrvQ2RA.png

To make sure there were no regional issues, i used an USA proxy, and i browsed to the store site of the game:
QolFU3b.png

This shows the exact same price, in dollars, plus, the games i have buyed before: assasins creed, doom & destiny, asphalt 7, for example, they have charge me the amount displayed on the store, (i know this because of my credict card history), so, i have proved that your argument is invalid, and that microsoft, is in fact, charging 12 dollars for linkin park's numb, further more, i checked the proxy's ip, and whatismyipaddress.com confirms that i have an USA ip, as you can see in this picture:
NBmiRzB.png

ArthJar

May 26, 2013
Visit site

Just change your language to Espa?ol Estados Unidos, it won't hurt to see if it fixes that way or not.
Give it a try and tell us, at least until someone more experienced comes

Edit: also, you should not be giving us your IP, be sure to take that out.

pedrodg28

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site

Just change your language to Espa?ol Estados Unidos, it won't hurt to see if it fixes that way or not.
Give it a try and tell us, at least until someone more experienced comes

Edit: also, you should not be giving us your IP, be sure to take that out.

Ok, i when even further, i changed my phone language to USA english:
jSKY9DQ.png

now let's go to xbox music:
vwkhfoh.png

Still 12 dollars for numb, also, that is not my ip, that's the proxy's ip. after all this, i can conclude that, those are in fact the correct prices, and if they're not, how do yo explain that the games and apps also have the same currency( X $)?

Even better, why don't you upload a screen shoot of your phone?

Last edited:

ArthJar

May 26, 2013
Visit site

Why would this be happening to you? Does Xbox Music have a location setting?
I would upload a snappy of my 920 for you but unfortunately it's not with us anymore. It broke before the Xbox Music/Video apps.
I just hope somebody else uploads on
On a side note: I'm waiting for the 1520 to get to Mexico.
Edit: Have you seen your XBL account region? Could it be linked with your Xbox Music subscription?

pedrodg28

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site

Why would this be happening to you? Does Xbox Music have a location setting?
I would upload a snappy of my 920 for you but unfortunately it's not with us anymore. It broke before the Xbox Music/Video apps.
I just hope somebody else uploads on
On a side note: I'm waiting for the 1520 to get to Mexico.
Edit: Have you seen your XBL account region? Could it be linked with your Xbox Music subscription?

I can't find any location setting in the music + videos hub, also i do not use xbox music pass, when i buy music, i like to "own it" that is, like in itunes, download the mp3.

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Wow yeah that looks pretty crazy. I think there is a bug there. Im still in the marketplace on WP7 and all of the individual songs are $1.29. Im guessing there is some error and you are seeing the process for the entire album rather than the songs themselves? Maybe contact MS?

Paul May

Lumia 950 & Surface Pro Champion
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I checked the prices here in the USA and it says numb is only $1.29. I tried to upload a screenshot but its not working, I will keep trying.

o.jpg

Last edited:

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Same here, just checked:

wp_ss_20140107_0001 by Dratwister, on Flickr

May be you should check the setting of your xbox account again.
Try to change the Region to somewhere else and see if the price's changed or not. If not then that price must be bound to your LIVE account and have to be modified using your LIVE account on browser

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo