Best way for Xbox Music to recognize artist

John Bolin

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Guys,

What is the best way of bringing in outside (Non Xbox Music purchased) music to my Nokia Lumia 1020 and get it to recognize the album for the album art and artist for the artist background? I have an even number of my music on CDs and iTunes. Is the best way to rip the CDs with Zune software and import the iTunes music into the Zune interface and make sure the title's information is correct in the Zune/Xbox Marketplace? I really don't want to mess with an outside app such as MPATool, no disrespect to it but I want it recognized properly. Surely there is a best way.

Thanks for your input.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Guys,

What is the best way of bringing in outside (Non Xbox Music purchased) music to my Nokia Lumia 1020 and get it to recognize the album for the album art and artist for the artist background? I have an even number of my music on CDs and iTunes. Is the best way to rip the CDs with Zune software and import the iTunes music into the Zune interface and make sure the title's information is correct in the Zune/Xbox Marketplace? I really don't want to mess with an outside app such as MPATool, no disrespect to it but I want it recognized properly. Surely there is a best way.

Thanks for your input.

Assuming all your CDs and music library is already in iTunes just download the Windows Phone companion app for Windows/Mac, and let it import in your music through iTunes - assuming your music isn't in some funny format like AIFF or FLAC and all your songs have complete metadata. It should copy over all the music WITH the data and album art and appear on the phone. Artist backgrounds are a little more hit and miss - my suggestion is to leave Connect with Xbox Music on in settings as it will fill any gaps missed by your library/iTunes and possibly add artist backgrounds. Hope this works :) I ended up using MPATool in the end because I have all my music in WMA Lossless

John Bolin

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I've tried that before and it resulted in zero of my songs being identified with the "Xbox Music Store" arrow which forces the artist info/background recognition. I've had some limited success by syncing through Windows Media Player though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs