Shuffle is awful on Nokia Lumia (and limited playlist?)

trav_fran

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
I decided to switch to Xbox Music from Spotify due to, well, the Spotify app sucking on Windows Phone.

Xbox Music is beautiful on my lumia 920, and is much more competent than Spotify was for it.
I noticed when first making playlists that I was limited to 1000 songs per playlist. So, I just made another playlist with another few hundred songs after capping out. I noticed that I could add both playlists to my now playing queue so it wasn't a big deal, though this should have been the first red flag.

So I start listening to a playlist, turn on the shuffle, and enjoy the streaming. After a little while of listening, about maybe 45 minutes at work, I thought it was strange that I kept hearing music from the same 4 or 5 artists in my playlist- perhaps too coincidental. After trying the other playlist for a while, the same thing happened. I decided to check on my phone's now playing queue to see that it was only playing 100 songs. (yup, I took the time to count)

This is the same case for anytime I start playing music from the playlists.

I've been on Xbox Music for a week and am quickly starting to give up on it. All music apps I've tried on windows phone as a whole have been a huge letdown as far as my phone being a media device. Nothing is consistent. I'm even willing to go back to Spotify just because at least I can listen to all my music shuffled, even though the app on WP8 is garbage.

Am I missing something?
If I have to download the songs for competent shuffling, then I am done with Xbox Music. I shouldn't have to download the music that I want to stream for a music streaming service.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi and welcome to WPCentral. I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with music apps on your device. Have you seen this thread? Hopefully it will help you with music on your device.

trav_fran

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, but it doesn't solve my issue with the shuffle feature, nor does it talk about Xbox Music's shuffling. The thread you linked talks about music management for my own music, not streaming services.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05