Xbox Music App on WP8 does not sync anything

Henry Lolsen

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I was testing the Xbox Music Pass lately, on my Desktop PC (Win 7 Pro) as well as on my mobile phones (Lumia 820, Nexus 4).

While playlists created in the Xbox Music App on Android are synced to the in-browser version of Xbox Music on my PC and vice versa, the Xbox Music App on the Lumia (not the Music + Videos App) does not react at all. Neither are playlists created on the Lumia synced to the other devices nor can I see playlists created on PC/Android.
To be accurate, it worked once, when I did not have my SD-Card with ~30 GBs of Music on it installed. When the SD-Card is installed the Xbox Music App syncs all my local music (although it's horribly slow in navigating through it) but does not react to cloud changes.

Has anyone faced a similar problem and maybe even knows a solution?
Without playlist/music collection sync the Xbox Music App and of course the Music Pass itself is rather useless for me.

LadyEnigma

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
It syncs perfectly for me across my Lumia 521, PC, and Xbox One. I know that doesn't help you out any.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Henry Lolsen

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
What's your PC's OS? Win8 together with the Xbox Music Metro App?

Moreover, do you have a lot of not-Xbox-Music related mp3s on your 521 (SD-Card or Phone memory)?

LadyEnigma

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I have about 30 mp3s not related to Xbox music on my SD card and my PCs are win8 and Vista(using the web browser version of Xbox music)

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

fuzzed1

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Same thing happened to me when adding songs to a playlist... strange trick: Use the Add to Collection and it will then start to sync across devices (WP8, Win8.1, web version and xbox360).

fuzzed1

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I usually do it from music.xbox.com

I add music to say my Winter Playlist (new songs) and then open the playlist and click the + icon and choose add to collection. Because even if you technically added the song to your collection when you added it to the playlist ... xbox music does not see it that way and it wont sync it to your phone or other devices. This will also take a few hours too for it to start to show up.. sometimes it's quick other times hours and hours.

I don't understand why it is that way and I feel like it's a bug.

Henry Lolsen

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Ok, i now did the same...although I doubt it'll do anything.

I think it's related to the amount of music that's on my SD card. There is roughly 25 GB of music on that card und the Xbox Music App really struggles coping with this amount of songs and maybe for some unknown reason it then "forget's" the actual sync.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12