Zune Pass DRM vs. XBOX Store DRM?

DallasXanadu

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
The Zune pass that I've had for years also appears to let me download music to my WP8 phone at will. However, it doesn't appear that I can copy zune files onto my phone, and vice versa. I might have been dreaming, but it seems to me that at one point I had transferred Zune subscription music from my PC to my phone, but now I'm getting a message that the DRM isn't compatible. Can anybody confirm that the DRM isn't compatible between the 2?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes there have been DRM issues. There are plenty of threads about it. I am taking it you are moving from WP7 to WP8? If not, even if it is just a move from Zune to Xbox - some or most DRM files wont just transfer. If you want it on your phone, best way is to start with clean downloads i.e. download your DRM music off the cloud on to the phone. I know this asks for tons of GBs of data and time, but this way you won't have DRM issues. However, if it is an album you purchased already via Zune, am unsure and will let the community dig the answer for you!

DallasXanadu

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I've been able to transfer purchased music, just not the "rented" files. I don't mind downloading directly onto the phone, since I'm generally on wifi. And with the limited storage capacity of the 925, it doesn't take long. I've never had a W7 phone and I generally listen via a Zune HD, but the LG bluetooth stereo earphones I got for Christmas are pretty sweet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720