Is it only me that notices that Xbox Music severely lacks imagination when giving you options of what music to check out? Top songs, top albums etc just shows all the mainstream stuff that's in the charts how unique :/

Something like artists to watch out for in 2014? Playlists picked by genuine music enthusiast, playlists picked by an actual artist, about to blown artists?

Xbox at the minute is way to predictable needs a major freshen up in regards to recommending new music.
    02-05-2014 01:22 PM
    Is it only me that notices that Xbox Music severely lacks imagination when giving you options of what music to check out? Top songs, top albums etc just shows all the mainstream stuff that's in the charts how unique :/

Something like artists to watch out for in 2014? Playlists picked by genuine music enthusiast, playlists picked by an actual artist, about to blown artists?

Xbox at the minute is way to predictable needs a major freshen up in regards to recommending new music.
    Xbox music shows what sells, if you like underground then you know what to look for. Underground artist don't have the marketability of Mainstream artist. If you opened Xbox Music and saw The Jokerr, Hopsin, Optymus, Passionate MC, Masaretti, and Jarren Benton people would be turned off.
    02-05-2014 01:29 PM
    Xbox music shows what sells, if you like underground then you know what to look for. Underground artist don't have the marketability of Mainstream artist. If you opened Xbox Music and saw The Jokerr, Hopsin, Optymus, Passionate MC, Masaretti, and Jarren Benton people would be turned off.
    Thats just it though it should have the option of listening to more upcoming/underground type artists instead of having all the mainstream junk rammed down your throat!

And real music lovers don't tend to love to many mainstream artists so why Xbox music isn't a little more adventurous is beyond me.
    02-05-2014 01:41 PM
    Thats just it though it should have the option of listening to more upcoming/underground type artists instead of having all the mainstream junk rammed down your throat!

And real music lovers don't tend to love to many mainstream artists so why Xbox music isn't a little more adventurous is beyond me.
    This is the same for MOST Ecosystems, and real music lovers are far and few everywhere. I know real music lovers who listen to EVERYTHING on the first page of Xbox Music, in the end it all comes down to preference, and real music lover will find the music we love despite the layout. I think (from what I see from friends) that the music page is laid out well. Like I said the highest selling artist first. Make them the most revenue.
    02-05-2014 10:41 PM
    Maybe the "realer" the music lover the lesser his/her need or interest for any music service or enthusiast to guide or direct him/her.
    02-18-2014 07:06 PM

They try to get people to look at music that the majority would buy. Why? They're a business, of course they want to worry primarily about making money.
    02-19-2014 10:59 AM
    Yeah, this is why I stick to iTunes and iTunes radio. There's a much more broad array of music compared to Xbox music.
    02-19-2014 11:14 AM
    I would say it's no different than any other service when it comes to discovery. People like you and I are going to have to look elsewhere for new music for the most part. It'd be nice to have such a feature like Yahoo Music had many years ago. There you could request music that's more mainstream or something more obscure.

I listen to a very wide variety of music and I would say certain genres produce better results. When I try Smart DJ from a metal band then I usually see bands I have never heard of.

And yes, the picks and suggestions from xbm are pathetic.
    02-19-2014 11:20 AM