So is there anyway to skyonedrive my music to all my devices without paying for Xbox music? I don't need to discover new music or want to use it outside of just a player. One would think I should be able to sync my music files as is and play music. MS makes it so difficult. If I need to pay that's as bad as in game purchases for every little thing.
    03-10-2014 02:15 PM
    So is there anyway to skyonedrive my music to all my devices without paying for Xbox music? I don't need to discover new music or want to use it outside of just a player. One would think I should be able to sync my music files as is and play music. MS makes it so difficult. If I need to pay that's as bad as in game purchases for every little thing.
    install iTunes and sync with it
    03-11-2014 01:29 AM
    install iTunes and sync with it
    That's what I do on my Mac. The Windows Phone sync app hooks into my iTunes library and syncs everything over. Makes it easy to keep my music collection up to date on my 920 and my iPhone.
    03-11-2014 02:08 AM
    I don't particularly like apple things. So saying that I guess I'll just manually transfer what I want and go from there. Thanks peoples.
    03-11-2014 04:47 PM
    I don't particularly like apple things. So saying that I guess I'll just manually transfer what I want and go from there. Thanks peoples.
    Have you tried having your music folder as a subfolder under your skydrive, then sync that to the PC or any device that you wish? The you add the correct Skydrive folder to your music library on the PC. I haven't tried this with music but I have done it with the pictures/videos folders and libraries and it works very well. I have the pictures and videos on whichever device I choose.
    03-11-2014 05:29 PM
    Make a music folder in skyonedrive and add that location to your music library on you devices. If you want to play this music on an Xbox, the easy way is to use the extender.

I have 7gb of music in SkyDrive and have used this method. It works, but with all the improvements to xbm, I'm liking my music pass again.
    03-11-2014 07:59 PM
    I hope this is wrong, but it looks like there is NO support for the xbox music app in regards to the live tile that shows the artist now playing on the start screen. There is also no option to see or change the background art in the app by using MPATool like we can now do thru the Hub. And I don't know where all the problems are coming from in regards to managing the playlists now. Simply create a list in Zune and it appears in the "Playlist" file when you are adding music thru the wp app. These are the type of things I am referring to when I say the update is going backwards!
    04-07-2014 10:51 AM
    if there are workarounds for the album and artist art in the new music app I would love to hear about them
    04-07-2014 10:52 AM