So I like finding new albums and songs to listen to but sometimes I run into things I want to listen to that are just "unavailable"

Does anyone know why that is? I understand if its rights to the song and such but still curious.

Skillet has their album Comatose, the song Last Night use to be unavailable but now its just there to buy. So I have to pay for that song to listen to the whole thing?

I have seen the Jurassic Park soundtracks completely all unavailable except for the third movie's soundtrack. Yeah weird music taste I know but its troublesome running into songs you want to listen to but cant.
    03-13-2014 12:54 AM
    Yes, all music services negotiate their rights-purchases with the labels/corporations -and occasionally with individual artists- that own the music. You learn to recognize patterns, and often you can explore for options, although options may not be obvious if you're only searching on your phone, for instance. I've seen patterns where an album or a track transitions from not available, through a buy-only, and to a downloadable mode. Often, a track may only be available for purchase on a particular version of the album, and another version on the marketplace will have it downloadable. But, yes, sometimes tracks or albums remain restricted, and on rarer occasions, albums or tracks transition in the opposite direction: from fully available, to restricted, or even to totally unavailable/absent.

There is So Much music available though, and I've learned to value all that I can download and stream, and accept the exceptions to a remarkably enormous, rewarding, and continually renewing source of musical joy. I fret much more over running out of storage space than I do over what is not downloadable.
    Dex Da Rex likes this.
    03-18-2014 07:13 PM