Hello,

Xbox music has came a LONG way, not only does syncing work better, but playlists sync to everything. Well almost.

I made my playlists on my 2520 using music from my cloud collection (which I have downloaded) and some local music I have that isn't in the Xbox Music Cloud. And everything worked fine. I then added the same music to my phone. All the music shows up, even the local songs that aren't in the cloud EXECPT for in playlists. The playlists have the same amount of songs in them, but the local songs are shaded out. When I click to play one (from the playlist) it says I need to add it to this device. But when I go to songs and find the same song it is not shaded out and plays fine.

How can I show my phone that the local songs in my playlists are on my phone?
    03-25-2014 05:59 PM
    What I did to make my own music usable:
    1) Download xbox music app on your phone, sign in with your music pass account
    2) Download xbox music app on your windows 8.1 pc, add your local music there, and create playlists there
    3) Sync your phone with your windows 8.1 pc WITHOUT iTunes - you will need the desktop windows phone app, which doesn't sync playlists by the way.
    4) Go to your xbox music app on your phone, repeatedly going to the playlists tab/collection tab etc, sooner or later, "updating collection" will show up on the top of your screen - if you have a large music library like 1.5k songs, it takes ~30 minutes - during this time, don't use any other app on your phone, stay in the xbox music app
    5) All the songs on your phone should show up in your xbox music app on your phone, and you can play your music from the app (not the music+video hub)

If you don't have the xbox music pass ($99 per year), save yourself the time and money, it's a stupid on almost every level.
    03-30-2014 05:28 PM
    I also found that if a song doesn't have a album, when you add it to W8 it gets a tag with unknown album and the date it was added. Same thing happens with WP8.1 but its a different date because it would be hard to add them in the same minute. Summary have your albums filled out
    04-14-2014 03:28 PM