Why is Xbox Music on WP 8.1 a seperate "app" that has to load, rather than built in to the OS?

Matt174e

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Why is Xbox Music on WP 8.1 a seperate "app" that has to load, rather than built in to the OS?

What we're they thinking when they switched the Xbox Music hub to an app?? It used to be much smoother, but now it takes forever to load.

When I had a Zune, the software was always progressing to get better and better. Since using Xbox Music, it only went from bad to worse.

I loved how the WP7 Zune app would always show the last played artist on the background, even when no music is playing. Xbox music came along and now it only shows while you're actually playing the music. Now they come out with 8.1 (preview, I know)... and it doesn't even show at all!

I'm so close to giving up on WP, I really miss the Zune days.

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why is Xbox Music on WP 8.1 a seperate "app" that has to load, rather than built in to the OS?

Since Xbox Music on WP 8.1 a separate "app", it can be upgraded outside of major OS updates. New features and bug fixes will come quickly than ever. Be patient right now.
The force is strong in this concept.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: Why is Xbox Music on WP 8.1 a seperate "app" that has to load, rather than built in to the OS?

I stopped using the original music+video hub months ago when the dev preview of the XBOX music app came out and I have not looked back. You can actually make playlists on it! Novel concept, I know.

I don't have any loading issues, but I don't have more then a few hundred songs. Hopefully they will improve the speed.

Matt174e

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site

In all honesty, it could be my phone which is making it load so slowly. The HTC 8S is probally the lowest of the low-end Windows Phone 8's.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site

It is 51MB RAM and has a 1GHZ Dual Core processor

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

In all honesty, it could be my phone which is making it load so slowly. The HTC 8S is probally the lowest of the low-end Windows Phone 8's.

Xbox Music is extremely slow on my Lumia 1520, though I do have 54GB worth of music on the SD card. Still, going from my music loading instantly in the old Music+Videos app to waiting 5 minutes for Xbox Music to "search for music" every single time I open it is frustrating to say the least.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Xbox Music is extremely slow on my Lumia 1520, though I do have 54GB worth of music on the SD card. Still, going from my music loading instantly in the old Music+Videos app to waiting 5 minutes for Xbox Music to "search for music" every single time I open it is frustrating to say the least.

Download Listen. You won't regret it. Note: it won't see new music downloads instantly, though. :(

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

Download Listen. You won't regret it. Note: it won't see new music downloads instantly, though. :(

So I had tried that one, and maybe I'm just using it wrong but I cannot find a way to view all artists, can only search for music.

Had also tried Music Player Pro, which isn't too bad. Unfortunately it was just as bad as Xbox Music in identifying artists and albums correctly.

EDIT: Just figured out I had to swipe from the left side of the screen to access artist, albums, etc. Some instructions would have been nice, oh well, I'll try it out and see how it goes.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs