Where's Xbox music update

dnmartin98

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Yep, I'm waiting on this too.....BTW Adrian, check your typos. If you are going to be an ******* you should make sure you spell your insults correctly..... Finally looking forward to getting rid of the black screen on my Artist section that has been there since I updated. I hope!

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Stop whining already.
edit: so dnmartin98 can understand what I am actually saying
He or she paid for the phone. Maybe he or she also paid for the music pass. And he or she has to endure the laggy as hell music experience (wp7's music experience is not good to start with). And he or she cannot complain......

byobg

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
The only thing that I've seen *FROM MICROSOFT* that mentioned a date was the notice on answers.microsoft.com (Xbox Music ? Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview - Microsoft Community) which said this:

Here is what?s coming in WP8.1 Xbox Music application update week of April 22nd.​

That seems to be where everybody got the "April 22nd" date from, but everybody seems to have dropped that "week of" part.

Not saying it won't come out today (Patch Tuesday is a tradition, after all), but nobody's come out and promised that it will, as far as I can tell.

(Besides which, it isn't even midnight Redmond time yet...)

von929Shavone

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
The only thing that I've seen *FROM MICROSOFT* that mentioned a date was the notice on answers.microsoft.com (Xbox Music – Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview - Microsoft Community) which said this:

Here is what’s coming in WP8.1 Xbox Music application update week of April 22nd.​

That seems to be where everybody got the "April 22nd" date from, but everybody seems to have dropped that "week of" part.

Not saying it won't come out today (Patch Tuesday is a tradition, after all), but nobody's come out and promised that it will, as far as I can tell.

I understand what you're saying, but they should've been more clear in their post. I also assumed today would be the day for the update. If " the week of April 22nd" meant sometime this week, they should have just stated "A update for Xbox Music will be going live Next Week"... I think I missed the whole "Week Of" thingy also. LOL, guess I'll continue to wait it out.

desolateone

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
The only thing that I've seen *FROM MICROSOFT* that mentioned a date was the notice on answers.microsoft.com (Xbox Music – Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview - Microsoft Community) which said this:

Here is what’s coming in WP8.1 Xbox Music application update week of April 22nd.​

The thing is, it DID say april 22nd. They edited their post yesterday to say the week of. So I guess we're stuck waiting. Honestly, if they had just come out and said it will take another few days or so for the first update, fine. People would've been disappointed but understanding. Instead they pull this, and that's what bugs me.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
The thing is, it DID say april 22nd. They edited their post yesterday to say the week of. So I guess we're stuck waiting. Honestly, if they had just come out and said it will take another few days or so for the first update, fine. People would've been disappointed but understanding. Instead they pull this, and that's what bugs me.

Seriously? Ugh... :(

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site

If that's real, I would lose all faith in windows phone team

Carkid367

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes the update is out finally, I can say that on initial use it is faster than before, not quite on the level of the old 8.0 app just yet. Will k keep using and find out

SoloXCRacer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I think the gap in between tracks has gotten longer. And there's still that awfull "crackle/noise" in between tracks too. Though the performance improvements are noticeable (aka seems faster).

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
A little faster but still laggy. I have 11k mp3s in my collection on a 64gb sdcard. What bothers me was there was no lag using the basic music player in WP8, I assumed the app would be the same in 8.1. I guess not :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss