Album Year not syncing anymore

Erik Walther

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
So I'm not sure what happened. The Windows Phone App (Actual app, not desktop version) on Windows 8.1 used to sync metadata with my music very well after I added all the data manually. Now, when I sync any music to my phone using the app (whether it's music I personally own, purchased music from the Xbox Music store, or subscription content) the album year does not sync.

This is super frustrating, as I like to have all my music organized very well. I'm a perfectionist, and it drives me crazy when the music doesn't have the album year next to it. Anyone have this problem or know how to fix it? Maybe Microsoft sent a resent update to the App and it screwed up? Any help would be wonderful. Thanks.

I have the Lumia Icon, using Windows Phone 8.

abhishake620

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
So I'm not sure what happened. The Windows Phone App (Actual app, not desktop version) on Windows 8.1 used to sync metadata with my music very well after I added all the data manually. Now, when I sync any music to my phone using the app (whether it's music I personally own, purchased music from the Xbox Music store, or subscription content) the album year does not sync.

This is super frustrating, as I like to have all my music organized very well. I'm a perfectionist, and it drives me crazy when the music doesn't have the album year next to it. Anyone have this problem or know how to fix it? Maybe Microsoft sent a resent update to the App and it screwed up? Any help would be wonderful. Thanks.

I have the Lumia Icon, using Windows Phone 8.
i had this and solved it by using media go software from sony .use it to sync music and it works.although launching it is a tad bit slow and let it work on your music for an hour or so,so that all data is downloaded else just selct all tracks and right click and say get album info...and sync it from there and youll have all years and what not perfect ..i too suffer from the same perfectionist disease..try it . Download - Media Go - Sony Network Entertainment

Erik Walther

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I tried that and it still doesn't produce an album year. Honestly, it's worse, because when it syncs, the songs don't even show up under artists, only albums. Anyone else having luck fixing this problem?

I've tried Windows Phone App, Windows Phone Desktop, even sharing the song directly from the Xbox Music app, and the album year never syncs. The only time an album has a year by it is when I download it directly using my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte