New Xbox music app for wp8.1. Split second sound between tracks. Sometimes loud. Update did not fix.

latempete

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a sound (sometimes loud), almost like a part of another track sometimes, that plays for a split second when the playing track hits the time 0.00. This has happened since I upgraded to 8.1. All of my music is on an SD card. It's the required SanDisk Extreme Plus 64GB. The same I used with 8.0.

I have a L1520 32GB. I have had this issue on two different phones.

-- I was sent a replacement for a problem with a proximity sensor (before I updated) and set up the replacement which had an issue so I went back to my original phone. I hard reset the original hoping that might fix the sensor issue, installed 8.1, hard reset again and then restored my phone. --

I have done nothing to the card and you would think if there was a file system issue the problems would be random.

Has anyone else had this issue? It's driving me crazy! None of the other stuff bothers me. It is a beta. But I want to be able to listen to music when I go to sleep.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

AndrewNZ

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue on my L920. It seems to play a fraction of the next song as if it's trying to do gapless playback.

L920 doesn't have an SD card. I think the app is just crap.

latempete

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded the app to allow you to use the old music hub in 8.1 today and it still does it. :/

I also noticed that the app Melodia has the same issue when I play notification previews.. Could it be 8.1?

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't have any issues with the latest Xbox Music on 8.1 on my HTC 8S, using SanDisk Class 10 MicroUSB.

francis85

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Just signed up because this is the only mention of the problem I have found so far. I have the exact same issue on my 1520 with a 64GB SanDisk class 10.

AndrewNZ

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I also get a similar problem skipping through or scrubbing through videos, but with video, it still happens if the volume is at 0

latempete

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Finally! I knew I couldn't be alone. Thank you. I contacted the developer of Melodia since this is a known issue with his app. He has not been able to find the problem and believes it may be 8.1. Now that more people have spoken up maybe we can get Microsoft's attention and can get it fixed.

byobg

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I have a sound (sometimes loud), almost like a part of another track sometimes, that plays for a split second when the playing track hits the time 0.00. This has happened since I upgraded to 8.1. All of my music is on an SD card. It's the required SanDisk Extreme Plus 64GB. The same I used with 8.0.

I have a L1520 32GB. I have had this issue on two different phones.

-- I was sent a replacement for a problem with a proximity sensor (before I updated) and set up the replacement which had an issue so I went back to my original phone. I hard reset the original hoping that might fix the sensor issue, installed 8.1, hard reset again and then restored my phone. --

I have done nothing to the card and you would think if there was a file system issue the problems would be random.

Has anyone else had this issue? It's driving me crazy! None of the other stuff bothers me. It is a beta. But I want to be able to listen to music when I go to sleep.

Thanks for any help.

Maybe, having given up on achieving gapless playback in any of our lifetimes, MS is trying to ameliorate the problem by adding content to the gaps, so they're not just plain silence - they're ART!

But yeah, I hear it too. It seems like it's accidentally barfing up a .1-second-or-so chunk of the previous (or next? too short to identify) song - I think it *always* happens, but if the chunk it happens to grab is very soft, it's basically unnoticeable. (When I have time, I'll crank up the volume between songs to try to catch it.)

Since it's happening in multiple music apps, it's likely the fault of whatever interface the OS provides to play music, and will need an OS update to fix, rather than individual app updates. (If that's the case, then presumably an app that implemented its own music-playing code instead of using the built-in stuff wouldn't hit this - but I don't know of any apps that do that.)

rain620

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I submitted this issue through the WP Diagnostics app. Do the same too so that the team can take a look and address our problem.

latempete

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I submitted this through the diagnostics app the same day I posted here. 8.1 is beta so it could an OS or firmware issue. I am hoping OS so I don't have to wait for AT&T to roll out an update.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
FWIW, no problems running latest auto-downloaded XBM (version 2.2.849 per my About page) on an RT running 8.1, using both the C drive and a 64gb Sandisk card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster