Random songs purcheased elsewhere do not show up on phone.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I am running the Dev. preview 8.1 on my 920. The problem I am having.
1. Music purchased on ITunes long ago (DRM free, M4a format)
2. I copy the song onto my lumia 920.
3. Xbox music does not see the song at all!
I have converted it to WMA, no go.
It is cloud matched, and plays on my desktop and tablet just fine where the physical file exists as well. Just not on my phone. Of course if I try to stream it I get the little circle stating that I do not have the permissions to play without a music pass (not gonna happen)

Any ideas? Some of the other music I have purchased around the same time sync just fine, it is kind of random songs its doing this with.

Last edited:

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I don't think you are understanding my problem. I do NOT want to stream it, the song is cloud matched though. I have the song ON the phone, Xbox music is not recognizing the file ON the phone. Other songs purchased originally through ITunes ARE showing up, its a random mix of songs that are not showing up ON the phone when I copy the file to the phone.

If I use file explorer while my phone is connected, and browse to where the file exists in the music folder it is there. Just not getting picked up by the app.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I think I'm understanding you correctly tho.

The iTunes purchases that do work, did you add those from your PC or phone.

From what I understood, music doesn't sync up to pc/tab(adding an already owned music file, thinking it will be saved to the cloud/unless you have a subscription), but sync downwards, pc/tab to phone.

If you don't have a subscription, Xbox music wont add that file. So I'm guessing the iTunes files that do work, were added from your PC, since you get free Xbox music per month.

If not, sorry I couldn't help.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
The files were added to my phone via usb from my phone. all but about 20 files that were purchased DRM free from iTunes transfer just fine, these files do not. It is pretty strange, one of the files I added finally showed up about an hour later in my music list, but not in the playlist in which it is a part of.

Sorry if I seem short tempered lol, every search resulted in a derailing of the thread regarding this particular issue ending in only talking about music pass and streaming. This particular problem does not relate to streaming since the song resides on the phone itself.